SOTD: Saturday January 21 - Friday 27 January 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday 22 January
What a difference a day makes, as the song goes. Mind you, get all the ingredients just right and success is assured as Fanny Craddock once said.
Specifically, the Signature Londinium Lime is super creamy and soft on the skin, absolutely no irritation from this soap.
The Henson AL 13 medium latest model V2 was a bit of an impulse buy and from reports I thought it might have been a tad too mild for me. However, even with a really small sliver of blade exposure it delivered an amazingly close and incident free 2 pass and pick ups shave. I felt I could swish this razor around my face without fear of doing any damage. It’s light but is very easily manoeuvred in the hand. I ran the Alum block out of habit but felt nothing. I was dubious about the RK blade having not used one before. RK has designed this blade specifically for the AL13. Wow, brilliant!
Great start to Sunday!
Have an equally fine day fellas!

View attachment 99309
Thank you. Glad you liked it.

I've had two come out in one go before. I just left the second one to one side as its not worth the hassle.
I have read that the twinjector blades are more likely to get jammed in the razor because you're pushing two layered blades in where one was intended, but personally I've not used enough of the twinjector blades to find this to be a problem. Just something to consider perhaps.
You may need or want to try adding some mineral oil (I use baby oil) to the injector cartridge to help the blades slide out more easily.

Incidentally, I find you can't get the old blade out the razor easily without starting to push a new one in, which makes keeping the razor clean tricky. None of my injectors have the cleaning lever that appeared on some later models.
Thanks for the reply/advice. It did have the feel of being jammed somewhat, but as I have no point of reference, I can‘t be certain.
I will try oiling the mechanism as you suggested before I change the blade.
Cheers.

Monday AM 2023-01-23
The first Wham-O Frisbee was made on this date in 1957
1wnoiNw.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ivory Finest (22/50)
Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood shaving cream (vintage)
LASSC BBS-1
Wilkinson Light Brigade (5)
Aramis aftershave (vintage)
0E6L1C1.jpg
bkij5vd.jpg

A Dodgy shave tonight ;-)

First go with these particular Rotbart Extra Dunn (I think I used an old one years ago) and it's a nice blade. On setting 4 in the Super Adjustable at times I couldn't feel the blade. Moved up to setting 7 for a bit more feedback.
Delivered a decent shave; BBS except in a few problem areas.

The Xpec cream is from 2014 and is a great performer with a thick, protective lather and a delicate scent.

Finished with what is probably becoming my all time favourite aftershave: the Malizia Uomo Vetiver. I have lots of others I really like but if I could only keep one aftershave it would be this.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable (birth year, long handle)
Blade: Rotbart Extra Dunn (ZAO Petersburg)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Pre-Shave: Myrsol Antesol
Lather: Xpec Shaving cream
Aftershave: Malizia Vetiver https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63cee5b2718a6562eace6fd8
PXL_20230123_192158223.jpg

Last edited:
14A3AE19-87C7-4354-AB7C-ADF223F286C6.jpeg
SOTD: 23/01/2023

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Channel Allure Eau de Toilette