SOTD: Saturday January 21 - Friday 27 January 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD: 24th January 2023.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Wright's Coal Tar Traditional Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Originals Shave Cream.
Blade: Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium. (D1)
Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Cien Aqua ASL. / Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

A near 'Nivea Men' shave. The 'Originals' cream is superb, only a small almond size amount was needed to create a wonderful slick lather for my shave.

The 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech is such smooth comfortable shaver pairing together with the Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium wonderfully, making a superb razor & blade combo. The Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium are such a smooth efficient blade.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Tuesday 24th January
Pal Injectomatic Deluxe - Schick Proline B #3 - Wilkinson Sword Stick- Jayaruh 289 - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
Exp9KMf.jpg

No pic as I was slightly discombobulated this morning on account of not being able to find my blade stash. Used an Astra SP that was in my 'overflow' blade store and although many say these are pretty MOR, I do seem to get on well with them.
1963 Ball End Tech
Astra SP (1)
PAA Phantom Aerolite
Ach Brito Musgo
Nivea men face moisturiser

Just a reminder to myself that aside from the fun of using a nice variety of gear, the Tech and a simple soap is all you need. Comfortable and close. And I found my blade stash. Broke stuff in the bathroom whilst looking but the shave calmed me down a bit!

Tuesday 24 January

An after breakfast SB shave today, bit behind the schedule but at least I had a relaxed and very refreshing close shave with the Matt Blackland Era level 5 plate loaded with my current go to RK blade. First pass wtg, second atg plus pick ups for bbs, no irritation or weepers.
Just got Stirling Barber Shop which whilst easy, super creamy and soft especially using my Zenith black doesn’t really have a scent that I can detect. On the other hand I find a good soap scent is only nice to have since after a face rinse, some moisturiser and a splash of after shave whatever scent the soap might have had is gone anyway. As long as the soap is easy to lather, soft and creamy it works for me.
Enjoy the day fellas!

541B8077-3540-4F47-8B61-8708B814ECD4.jpeg

24/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Erasmic Cream
Razor - Blutt BR-1 - 0.86
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Copycat Just Neroli
Wk 04 (4).JPG
Nice shave that, the Erasmic shave cream does not seem to get a lot of love, however, it is another of the very cheap creams which performs well above its price tag. Today it gave a very nice lather whipped up with the Torga C5.
The Blutt is just a fantastic piece of kit. Smooth as an cue ball from 2 passes.
As i said, nice shave that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

No pic as I was slightly discombobulated this morning on account of not being able to find my blade stash. Used an Astra SP that was in my 'overflow' blade store and although many say these are pretty MOR, I do seem to get on well with them.
1963 Ball End Tech
Astra SP (1)
PAA Phantom Aerolite
Ach Brito Musgo

Just a reminder to myself that aside from the fun of using a nice variety of gear, the Tech and a simple soap is all you need. Comfortable and close. And I found my blade stash. Broke stuff in the bathroom whilst looking but the shave calmed me down a bit!
Glad ya found them !
dishes-ups.gif

24 January

Wickham 1912 Apricus
PAA Green Ray
ESC Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

63FF177E-E590-437A-A6EE-236A5B05DF26.jpeg
A stunningly good lather with the softest of my brushes made this morning’s shave a bit of a treat. The Claymore may have a somewhat industrial appearance, but, it always gives a smooth result with very little effort. Could I ask for more? Yes, but maybe I shouldn’t.

1963 Ball End Tech
Astra SP (1)
PAA Phantom Aerolite
Ach Brito Musgo

The Astra SP blades are very good indeed, I hadn't used them for years until I bought some recently and they are every bit as good as I remember them being!

Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom