SOTD: Saturday January 28 - Friday 3 February 2023.

SOTD: 28th January 2023.

9.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.2) with Tea Tree & Lavender essential oils.
Razor: Merkur 39c Slant. (Face) - RK Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Supply V2. (Head/Dome)- Personna Injector PTFE. (D2.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Brut ASL + Splash-On Lotion/ Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Milton Lloyd America Night EdT.

A new shave set up to start the Weekend..The last 2 month or so i have been revisiting various sub-continent DE blade.. Throughout the blade focus I have had some different results from them but never bad ones, all have been totally acceptable.

The Merkur 39c slant is such a solidly built smooth non-aggressive, yet efficient razor with a hefty weight and more aggressive than it's smaller handled sibling the 37c. Both razor's when ever I've added them in my razor rotation the shaving results have consistently good. Today was no exception.

If i had to choose which i prefer out of the 37c & 39c, then the 37c would be my choice, purely because I prefer the smaller handle on the 37c has grip which gives me better precision and control when shaving.

Both razors i consider non-aggressive feeling razors, yet very efficient at the same time. The scallops on the top cap make the razor feel extremely smooth which is great for my sensitive & problem areas.

As always, the dependable Supply V2 provided me with a effortlessly smooth head shave. SE razors are such smooth efficient shavers.

A close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd America Night EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Saturday 28th January
Canadian Schick E3 - Canadian Schick SS #6 - Wickham 1912 Apricus - Zenith 506 - Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS - Wickham 1912 Apricus Balm
H92wag7.jpg

SOTD: 28/01/2023

Razor: Razorock Hawk V2 Black
Blade: Feather Professional, 8th use
Brush: Kent H8 Best Badger
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Cream
Balm: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Skin Food
Fragrance: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Eau de Toilette

A great way to start the Shaving week. Now I smell like Cossack hairspray from the 80's. Lovely.

Perfect shave from the Hawk V2 as well. I know a lot of chaps here prefer the heavier razors but I prefer the lightness and nimbleness of the lightweight V2.

639570AD-3886-4EC1-8C06-16729CE04B18.jpeg

E3EBA2E5-81B2-4F9F-8CC4-09609AF82F64.jpeg
SOTD: 28/01/2023

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles A Midnight Dreary Puck
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: Tom Ford Black Orchid Solid cologne dupe.

A superb shave I’m really happy I revisited Catie’s Bubbles and this soap in particular, it may have been a newer puck or formula but the scent is stronger and the base is great. This little Yaqi piggie is finely softening nicely, it’s still a firm knot but the stretch is finally gone!
The Tatara Masamune is just a delight and I love the design, look and feel of this razor it’s a great daily driver.

28/01/2023

Razor: Aylsworth Drakkant (+)
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (1)
Brush: Shavemac Germania 2B Silvertip
Soap: Wickham 1912 Ninfeo di Egeria

20230128_083004.jpg

The + plate delivered a much better finish. More blade presence than the standard (obviously, Boycie83). In term of face feel, it say it felt a smidge more assertive then the Rocca I was using a week ago. Based on this first shave with the + plate, I think my ideal would be a plate somewhere between the two. The comfort and ease of the standard plate with the end result of the + plate. A couple more shaves try before I send on that opinion.

SOTD 28-Jan
20230128_094448.jpg
Brush: M7
Soap: GFT Eucris
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Schick TC SS (2)

Cracking shave this morning, excellent Eucris and efficient WR. Smooth with zero irritation, and smelling good, very pleased.

Off with the in laws to get pancakes and then the dreaded child's birthday party to attend - they're never ending, I get the feeling I'm going to be exhausted by the end of today!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Sotd 28/01
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: stirling satsuma
Spalsh: stirling satsuma
Balm: groom room unscented
Alum bloc

Bowl: wet the face
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: homelike taiga
Blade: Gillette nacet 3rd use

Morning folks sotd is stirling satsuma and great way to start a Saturday morning nice clean citrus scent nice scent from the tub and also once lathered would put it at about medium also nice scent from the splash.
Also went the taiga again and 3rd use on a nacet blade gave a great shave
1st pass setting 5
2nd pass setting 4.5
3rd pass setting 4
Have a good weekend
20230128_093940.jpg20230128_094407.jpg

28/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - 5/8 Thiers Issard "Evide Sonnant" / Lambda Athena
Blade - @Fergiebilly / Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 05 (1).JPGLambda 3.jpg
A nice enough 1st pass with the Thiers, i may run this one through a refresh also?
As the Athena turned up yesterday i decided to give it a run out for the second pass. I loaded it with a Med prep for todays trial.
Right then, for me the razor in the hand is very comfortable, it may look heavy and cumbersome, however it is really nicely balanced and did not notice any real weightiness.
I completed an ATG pass and from the razor touching my skin i knew we were going to get along. For me it has the comfort of the Feather stainless DE razors without the small shave angle, it easily has the efficiency of the Blutt 86, the Masamune and to be honest any of the other modern razors i have used but in total comfort. The razor just glides over the skin.
A very comfortable BBS result from 2 passes finishing with a nice post shave routine.
I know i am a bit smitten with this razor at the moment, therefore, i will continue to give it a run out against others this week. So far i am well impressed.
The Athena really is a thing of beauty, today i noticed that the end of the top cap blade posts are also engraved with the Lambda Logo as are the ends of the baseplate, little touches of class. There has been a lot of work and thought put into this razor and all that just shines out when you see it in the flesh.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Razor: MARS SE Modular Razor (Plate 7)
& Merkur 45 Bakelite
Blade: Leaf SE & Personna Platinum (Israeli)
Nivea Menmalist Liquid Shave Cream
Baxter of California Menthol Aftershave Balm

Brilliant shave, first time using the leaf se razor blade and the Israeli Personna Platinum not too bad all in all great shave

Don't really mind weight on razors but I really do enjoy these light razors

The Nivea mentalist shaving liquid cream is good, nice slickness, just applied it with my hands

IMG_20230128_115457.jpg

Back
Top Bottom