SOTD: Saturday January 28 - Friday 3 February 2023.

28/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - 5/8 Thiers Issard "Evide Sonnant" / Lambda Athena
Blade - @Fergiebilly / Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
View attachment 99636View attachment 99635
A nice enough 1st pass with the Thiers, i may run this one through a refresh also?
As the Athena turned up yesterday i decided to give it a run out for the second pass. I loaded it with a Med prep for todays trial.
Right then, for me the razor in the hand is very comfortable, it may look heavy and cumbersome, however it is really nicely balanced and did not notice any real weightiness.
I completed an ATG pass and from the razor touching my skin i knew we were going to get along. For me it ha
the comfort of the Feather stainless DE razors without the small shave angle, it easily has the efficiency of the Blutt 86, the Masamune and to be honest any of the other modern razors i have used but in total comfort. The razor just glides over the skin.
A very comfortable BBS result from 2 passes finishing with a nice post shave routine.
I know i am a bit smitten with this razor at the moment, therefore, i will continue to give it a run out against others this week. So far i am well impressed.
The Athena really is a thing of beauty, today i noticed that the end of the top cap blade posts are also engraved with the Lambda Logo as are the ends of the baseplate, little touches of class. There has been a lot of work and thought put into this razor and all that just shines out when you see it in the flesh.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Lovely Tony, just lovely, I can't wait to get myself one.
It sounds like it's going to be right up my street!
Enjoy! :)

Paul.

Saturday January 28, 2023
Razor: Autostrop A2
Blade: Gem SS
Brush: Semogue 2020 LE
Soap: A&E NYC (1508.5)
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: A&E NYC
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,545
UBkG20c.jpg

Last edited:
28 January

Stirling Campania
Blackland Signature
Rex Ambassador
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Hibernia

909EE9D8-5047-4AE0-8C34-E539DE700A4E.jpeg
A third excellent shave with the Rex Ambassador this morning. It has been a good run out for the Ambassador. The Blackland Signature feels like a small brush on the face, but it has a big heart and provides lashings of lather for two passes. The Signature Soaps Hibernia has become a favourite splash, you might have noticed.

28/01/2023

Razor: Aylsworth Drakkant (+)
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (1)
Brush: Shavemac Germania 2B Silvertip
Soap: Wickham 1912 Ninfeo di Egeria

View attachment 99630

The + plate delivered a much better finish. More blade presence than the standard (obviously, Boycie83). In term of face feel, it say it felt a smidge more assertive then the Rocca I was using a week ago. Based on this first shave with the + plate, I think my ideal would be a plate somewhere between the two. The comfort and ease of the standard plate with the end result of the + plate. A couple more shaves try before I send on that opinion.
Didn't know you had the Drakkant in your arsenal C. Nice looking razor!

PXL_20230128_125343844~2.jpg
SOTD January 28 2023

Razor - Parker Injector V2
Blade - Parker (Personna)
Soap - La Savonnire du moulin
Brush - Zenith 506U XSE Unbleached bristle in Olive wood handle, 27mm / 56mm knot.
Bowl - Captain's Choice - Copper
Post - Baxter of California ASB
Frag - Aramis Tobacco Reserve edp

My first use of the Parker injector razor fitted out with a Personna blade.

I knocked up a lovely lather from the La Savonnire du moulin (donkey milk soap) with my Zenith piggy and I was ready to go, on the first pass I thought, wow this is the smoothest injector razor I have ever used, (I started on the lowest setting) but when I ran my hand over my face it was obvious that no actual shaving had taken place!
It's ok, it's a new razor and will need to dial it in, so I re lathered this time set o 3, the scale goes from 1-5.
Second pass on 3, a little bit of cutting of the stubble happened but only a little, so I turned it up to full power, at 5.
Now I started to feel like it was doing what it should have been doing but still rather mild, I managed to complete the shave but it wasn't up to my usual smooth as smooth can be standard's.
Now I don't know if it was the blade that was a duff one or maybe all Personna blades are like that, I do know I was using the correct angle, I'm not new to injector razor's, so the jury is out for the time being and I have put a Schick blade in for the next shave, watch this space!
The soap and the brush however were great, the unbleached boar bristles offered plenty of backbone with a nice amount of scrub and the soap was fantastic as I knew it would be.

Big thanks going out to @Satanfriendly for gifting me the soap.
Big thanks going out to @donnie_arko for the heavy enabling to buy the brush and last but not least a big thank you going out to @Crossan for the Parker injector razor that I won in his PIF, I'm sure when fitted with a Schick blade the razor will perform better. :)
I also would like to thank my agent, my manager and my mother for their continued support. :cool:

Enjoy your weekend chaps, keep safe and well.

Paul.

Last edited:
Saturday 28 January

The boss and I were at a Burns Night supper last night, DJs and frocks, so I had a light shave in late afternoon. This was after my less than enjoyable morning dance with the Yaqi TFC (posted yesterday). As a result my neck was somewhat tender after this morning‘s shave.
I say this as today I used the Gibbs 15 that I bought from Heritage Collection Shaving In US. Mine is their 4th edition original design and cost $67.50 plus shipping to U.K. I don’t feel this is an outrageous price compared to the Yaqi at £24.15 from AliExpress. The Heritage is an excellent razor and beautifully made, comes to bits for cleaning unlike the Yaqi. The blade adjustment runs from 1 to 6, like it should unlike the Yaqi which also doesn’t have the look, feel and performance of the Heritage to justify its lower price. Save your money and invest in the Heritage model.

I soaped up the Rubberset with with an unknown but deliciously scented soap that I had decanted into a used GÜ glass pot. I really must record which soap I put where when I decant them, I hate plastic pots :rolleyes: .

First pass set wtg on N, (why didn’t the Gibbs designer just use the number 3? Maybe thought it an unlucky number?), second pass atg, throttle back to 2 and then finish on 1 for pick ups. Apart from a sore spot on my neck a perfect shave.

Burns night was really excellent, thanks for asking. I love haggis, add a tot of Talisker for extra taste. Mind you haggis must get fed up being stabbed every January when it would rather be running free across the highlands chasing Mrs Haggis :ROFLMAO:
Enjoy the weekend fellas!

AAD1388E-E8B6-4BBE-9452-5F3820D284AE.jpeg

Sat 28 Travel SOTD
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi Musketeer Rapier
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette Tech
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 1st
The soap & splash smells very nice. The lather qualities are good enough.
This shave with the simplest of razors paired with an excellent blade was just great! 3passes for a bbs finish...
20230128_082610.jpg

Back
Top Bottom