SOTD: Saturday January 28 - Friday 3 February 2023.

View attachment 99641
SOTD January 28 2023

Razor - Parker Injector V2
Blade - Parker (Personna)
Soap - La Savonnire du moulin
Brush - Zenith 506U XSE Unbleached bristle in Olive wood handle, 27mm / 56mm knot.
Bowl - Captain's Choice - Copper
Post - Baxter of California ASB
Frag - Aramis Tobacco Reserve edp

My first use of the Parker injector razor fitted out with a Personna blade.

I knocked up a lovely lather from the La Savonnire du moulin (donkey milk soap) with my Zenith piggy and I was ready to go, on the first pass I thought, wow this is the smoothest injector razor I have ever used, (I started on the lowest setting) but when I ran my hand over my face it was obvious that no actual shaving had taken place!
It's ok, it's a new razor and will need to dial it in, so I re lathered this time set o 3, the scale goes from 1-5.
Second pass on 3, a little bit of cutting of the stubble happened but only a little, so I turned it up to full power, at 5.
Now I started to feel like it was doing what it should have been doing but still rather mild, I managed to complete the shave but it wasn't up to my usual smooth as smooth can be standard's.
Now I don't know if it was the blade that was a duff one or maybe all Personna blades are like that, I do know I was using the correct angle, I'm not new to injector razor's, so the jury is out for the time being and I have put a Schick blade in for the next shave, watch this space!
The soap and the brush however were great, the unbleached boar bristles offered plenty of backbone with a nice amount of scrub and the soap was fantastic as I knew it would be.

Big thanks going out to @Satanfriendly for gifting me the soap.
Big thanks going out to @donnie_arko for the heavy enabling to buy the brush and last but not least a big thank you going out to @Crossan for the Parker injector razor that I won in his PIF, I'm sure when fitted with a Schick blade the razor will perform better. :)
I also would like to thank my agent, my manager and my mother for their continued support. :cool:

Enjoy your weekend chaps, keep safe and well.

Paul.
I had a similar experience with it. The proline kicked it up a little but I had to dive on for three passes to get closer to what was acceptable. Doing an extra pass isn't the end of the world but when weekday time is a premium it just meant this would never get a true look in. Hopefully combining the proline and your experience with injectors (mine is minimal), it'll do the trick for you!

I had a similar experience with it. The proline kicked it up a little but I had to dive on for three passes to get closer to what was acceptable. Doing an extra pass isn't the end of the world but when weekday time is a premium it just meant this would never get a true look in. Hopefully combining the proline and your experience with injectors (mine is minimal), it'll do the trick for you!
I've put a Schick blade in and hopefully I will have better results the next time, I hope so, it's a cool looking razor! :)

Paul.

Saturday AM 2023-01-28
National Blueberry Pancake Day
o8uCH8E.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Horn Finest (22/48)
Acqua di Parma Colonia soft shaving soap (original)
Carbon Damascus Adamas
Wilkinson Light Brigade (10)
RazoRock XXX aftershave
m74zWjV.jpg
enXLx5j.jpg

Saturday 28th January

AMWts8BFmaa8QIrEyIGdK2nwA9D5MA_04TyUktEvgF2UYck5Z0U8oHHKDhPGeAit8yTljofJ43VcAuA__uDWgjDVaUbpnYN3FaRY4lAJ8QOmcrU6orcARn9Jzekcf5zUHxONwDQRc3Q5B5rvFDcS7pJ6tb_vAQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Omega Crema da Barba Shaving Soap & HJM Professional w/G5B Synthetic 26mm
Merkur 37C & SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum
Avon Black Suede (Vintage) Aftershave

Having run the Statum Platinum Chrome back to back with my benchmark sub-continent Super Platinum, the SuperMax Blue Diamond, my face prefers the Statum ... by quite a margin!

I know i am a bit smitten with this razor at the moment, therefore, i will continue to give it a run out against others this week.
It's an easy razor to love, I've had mine for a little while now and it still seems like a mini event whenever I unbox it to use. In terms of quality it's punching at the same level as many brands that are considerably more expensive, I'm sure you'll continue to love it!

Got a big bunch of shaving soap samples today and a kind PIF of some Indian blades, and with a little help settled on the Fine Green Vetiver along with the Statum blade I've been hearing good things about.

The sweet and subtle vetiver scent is good. Doesn't smell artificial and won't interfere with your aftershave.
I took a piece of the sample that was probably around 2g and it lathered up really well. No complaints on the cushion and not during on the skin either.
The Statum blade is a good blade. It only really had any trouble going against the grain in a few problem areas. Very few blades can do that for me without a load of soreness and usually ingrown hairs coming up, so the result I would say is above average so far. Don't know how many shaves the blade will last but it's certainly not a one shave blade like, for example, Topaz.

Finished with a complementary frag. I'd planned to use Floid Blue as I have half a big bottle left which I dig out every now and then, but the Malizia just seemed the better choice.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Popular No. 45
Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome
Brush: Unknown black resin synthetic(?) brush
Lather: Fine Green Vetiver
Aftershave: Malizia Vetyver https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63d5855d9c1da4081f7ceebf
PXL_20230128_200523092~2.jpg

The Heritage is an excellent razor and beautifully made, comes to bits for cleaning unlike the Yaqi.
Not the defend the Yaqi TFC too much - since I have one and an outstanding shaver it certainly is not - but just on this point: it does come apart for cleaning. ("Cleanability" for me is a rather important feature of a razor, which is why I did not come to love any TTOs so far.)
EDIT: sorry - yes, not completely. The bottom two pieces do not separate, but the top does come apart completely.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom