SOTD: Saturday January 28 - Friday 3 February 2023.

Black handled Gillette Superspeed Flare tip, landed today from @OrangeSport along with a tuck of Wilkies and a Palmolive stick! I had not shaved this morning so I did so within minutes of this arriving.

Brush is my vintage 400 with Oumo boar. Bespoke Black Suede and Fougere on top of a light coating of bio oil to take the edge off the very close shave I just had with the above (freshly unwrapped blade).

Many thanks to Jason for sending me my birth year Gillette and the kind freebies.

Smooth
View attachment 100039

A great photo

Only ever used one of these blades and it was about ten years ago. Didn't want to use them up quickly as I only have 49 of them left and have never seen them for sale anywhere since I got them. Didn't even do a review of them on my spreadsheet.
It's a great blade. Very smooth indeed but sharp enough to work well against the grain.

The Irish Fern is the best Wickhams smell I've encountered from my samples of 1912. The Parma Violet was good but not strong enough. This fern is just right and reminds me Sir Irisch Moos and Pino Silvestre.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Popular No. 45
Blade: Astra Keramik
Brush: Unknown black resin synthetic(?) brush
Lather: Wickham Irish Fern
Aftershave: Proraso Azur Lime cologne https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63dd8048d581142156d56b83
PXL_20230202_204722049.jpg

And for my final entry for this week of SOTD's I give you the theme, 'Arabian knights and night's in Hull'

20230203_201412.jpg

Ali Baba - Ikon B1
Tower night club (Tower for an hour) - Feather
Sinbad the sailor - Captain Fawcett's brush
The Cameo club - York Swirling Soapery Arabian Dreams
Aladdin - Pure moisturiser

'Bollocks. It's Mr Friendly I wanted gone'

I won't give you my usual long winded pile of trash so all I will say is, 'Smashing'

Have a great weekend ahead you fantastic folk of the forum and I love you all.

And from their 'Finally the weekend' album you can have some of those slightly different Puffyshoes girls....

Razor = Karve CB Aluminium ( C )
Blade = Gillette Super Thin ( 3 )
Brush = Simpsons T3 St Mary’s
Soap = Geo F Trumper Officer & Gentlemen
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Australian Bodycare
5178193A-D8D3-4108-A253-3115817FCC8E.jpegWell that was a better shave than the last one.
Don’t get me wrong i’m still fed up using the same stuff but the soap came to the rescue.
I had the puck in hand and lathered for 20 Elephants and the lather was a dream,
Couldn’t have asked for more.
Also i reckon this balm is my all time favourite,
iv been using it for 20 years plus,
give it a go if your a tea tree lover like myself.
back to work for me :cry:
Enjoy Your Weekend Everyone

Equally as mild as it's predecessor. But to my mind, I aesthetically prefer the Contour I. Tbh, I like them both in my collection as it's my ocd, but I'll more likely reach for either the two Natural Angle ER's or the Push Button if I want a good result with less work.

Lovely. Yeah, my aesthetic preference is for the II. I have one with a silver strip on the back and one with a silver sparkly strip. The head is ostensibly the same as the Featherweight, et al ... but yes, somehow there's a difference. Like a '60s Tech against a '70s Tech.

Good to see the Contour in action!

Barbeador: Edwin Jagger DE89
Lâmina: Enox (2)
Pincel: Yaqi Silverstip
Sabão:Haslinger Schamifcht
Pós: Bay Rum (Ruas Mens Grooming)

Tuesday February 7, 2023
Razor: Schick Hydromagic
Blade: Injector
Brush: Unbranded Boar from my youth
Soap: A&E NYC (1508.5 Project)
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: A&E NYC Splash
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,555
i62mLlT.jpg

Wrong week chaps

Friday 3rd February

I found this 1950s ball end Gillette tech online, made in England, bakerlite box, everything looks virtually new and unused from the factory including a couple of unopened blue Gillette blades.
However, I don’t find old blades, even unused, as good as modern blades. Just my view of course, so loaded an RK. I received a sample of Condate :)rolleyes:) soap from Signature with my last order so thought I’d try that. Not sure I get the meaning of the name but it’s super smooth, creamy and with a dominant scent of limes. Certainly one for the future.
The tech never fails to impress me, especially with a decent blade and soap. This one is quite light but with the mildest of pressure during the shave does the job with ease in two passes, wtg, atg plus pick ups for a lovely trouble free finish. Dab of Man Cave moisturiser, followed by Ralphies Polo Sport after shave for a nice end to the week.

Have a great weekend fellas!

View attachment 100048
I have given my soaps Roman Town/Regions names. Condate is the Roman name for Northwich in Cheshire. Coincidentally I’m doing the Artisan Market there this Saturday. Your task is now to discover the places for your other soaps!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom