SOTD: Saturday January 28 - Friday 3 February 2023.

02/02/2023

Razor: GC 2.0 II
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Highlander M7 Trooper
Soap: B&M Cool

View attachment 99995

Nice first shave with the Greencult 2.0. I'll use it a few more times then summarise my thoughts.

B&M and the Highlander brush worked fantastically together.
I’m already calling it in another emporium sale!

I’m already calling it in another emporium sale!
telling off x factor GIF by X Factor Global

E10DC4CC-7269-41E4-A479-C0F62DABDD32.jpeg
SOTD: 03/02/2023

Razor: Merkur Futur Clone
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave: Boss Boss EDT
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm

I thought I’d give one of my first DE’s a run out for a change, and got probably the best shave I’ve ever had out of it. I’ve had the original Futur and this and have always found this a more forgiving shave but today it was super smooth too. Definitely a case of my technique improving over time and it’s been some time since I last used this.
The newly acquired SV Dolomiti had a lovely light scent off the puck but this was barely noticeable when lathered. It may be quite old being version 4.0 but the lather is second to none so it will stay in the den regardless and still makes me want more SV soaps.
All in all a positive return of the future. Enjoy the weekend guys.

Friday 3rd February

I found this 1950s ball end Gillette tech online, made in England, bakerlite box, everything looks virtually new and unused from the factory including a couple of unopened blue Gillette blades.
However, I don’t find old blades, even unused, as good as modern blades. Just my view of course, so loaded an RK. I received a sample of Condate :)rolleyes:) soap from Signature with my last order so thought I’d try that. Not sure I get the meaning of the name but it’s super smooth, creamy and with a dominant scent of limes. Certainly one for the future.
The tech never fails to impress me, especially with a decent blade and soap. This one is quite light but with the mildest of pressure during the shave does the job with ease in two passes, wtg, atg plus pick ups for a lovely trouble free finish. Dab of Man Cave moisturiser, followed by Ralphies Polo Sport after shave for a nice end to the week.

Have a great weekend fellas!

F7D4B7F3-C83F-49EA-8A2F-206D6712A75B.jpeg

Last edited:
I received a sample of Condate :)rolleyes:) soap from Signature with my last order so thought I’d try that. Not sure I get the meaning of the name
I'm not sure whether it is related to the scent itself but it means Northwich in Cheshire, as a place at the confluence of 2 rivers, and followed the Signature convention of naming soaps after Roman or Olde Englyshe place names. I think!

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pres-Shave
Razor: Homelike Start OC
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (2)
Brush: Razorock 400
S Cream: Simpsons

A more dramatic depiction of today's shaving implement. Once again thank you @slapo for giving me the opportunity to try the Homelike Start.
I could easily entitle the SOTD picture 'Beware, I bite!' but this could not be further from the truth. An absolute pleasure to drive the Homelike around my face.
A scentless shave with today's choice of software. Thank you @Crossan for the freebie Included with one of my purchases. Simpsons cream doesn't disappoint. Extremely easy to lather and lots of protection during the shave.

It's Friday, the week is nearly over so wishing you a lovely weekend ahead!

View attachment 100014
Glad you've liked it so far. The 1.7 Start 2 plate should be an interesting change of pace from the 0.90 plate. :D

Friday AM 2023-02-03
Birthdate in 1480 of explorer Ferdinand Magellan
yuWXhks.jpg

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Hemingway Accoutrements shaving cream + Trumper Coconut shaving cream mixture
Paradigm Diamondback
Iridium Super (4)
Hemingway Accoutrements aftershave

A sort of tropical shave on this cool morning. The fruity Hemingway cream blended really well with the Trumper coconut, and the Polo made wonderful lather with them. The IR blade was almost as smooth in the Diamondback as the vintage blades I usually use, and it is the only modern blade that I really like.
kCtHJOY.jpg
3EmQVQo.jpg

PXL_20230201_145610273~2.jpg
SOTD February 3 2023
Fat Friday - MWF

Razor - Gillette ABC c.1918
Blade - Astra SP
Soap - MWF - The Fat
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar
Bowl - Captain's Choice Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros edt

A lovely close but smooth shave, the lather from the MWF was creamy and slick and the razor just glided over my skin cutting stubble as it went.
The razor performed like a new razor, just perfect and I do like shaving with a piece of shaving history.
Smooth skinned and feeling supple, that's good enough for me.

Until the next time,

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom