SOTD: Saturday January 28 - Friday 3 February 2023.

Friday 3rd February
GEM Contour II - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - OSP 1882 - Zenith 507 - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
Tq8XBHm.jpg

Fri 3 SR Comparison Shave
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Boar
Razor 1 Dorko 43 Near Wedge
Razor 2 Titan ACRM-2 African Timber Scale
Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker Splash
This is just a top-shelf soap with a super creamy and very slick lather, whipped up easily by the unbelievably soft & large boar brush. Soap & AS scents matched nicely!
Today's shave was to compare one of my top SRs with a buttery smooth edge with this Titan after putting it through the LaLune & the full diamond balsa progression. Both were strop on the Kanayama. Dorko (easily passes the HHT) was on the left & Titan (absolutely failed TTT/HHT) was on the right. 3passes and Dorko did not fail...super nice and efficient but the surprise was the Titan...it did very well, and the edge was very comfortable and more efficient than the initial use. Overall, Dorko's result was bbs-ccs while Titan's was dfs-sas. Some red creeper and minor irritation on the left...hahaha. Delightful comparison...
20230203_153348.jpg

03/02/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - 1912 Classic 24
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Musk
Wk 05 (7).JPG
A very nice 2 pass shave for an easy BBS finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

8C49CD6D-AF8F-4D54-9C68-D1287B07C22E.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Era (Level 4 SB)
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Semogue 24mm Owners Club Taj
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel

My face is already feeling the benefit of the lanolin loveliness. Roll on Mitchell’s March

Friday February 3, 2023
Razor: Timeless .95 OC
Blade: Euromax
Brush: Semogue/Boar
Soap: A&E NYC (1508.5 Project)
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: A&E NYC Splash
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,551

Starting to think I'd prefer giving away some soap again or using in the shower to go thru it quicker rather than this method..........
5aSYPBg.jpg

Fri 3rd February

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
Vitos Super Red
Schick E2 - Canada
NOS Schick S/S - Holland ( 3 )
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Have missed an Injector rotation because of Xmas / New Year, so have gone a bit out of sequence.Always nice to start of with this rather nice E2 from Canada, which is so much better than my care worn USA version.
As usual with this Razor a very pleasant and satisfying Shave, especially with a NOS Dutch blade on board and a great Vitos lather.

AEB9E03E-9F00-4807-98D7-9E30B668ED52.jpeg

Black handled Gillette Superspeed Flare tip, landed today from @OrangeSport along with a tuck of Wilkies and a Palmolive stick! I had not shaved this morning so I did so within minutes of this arriving.

Brush is my vintage 400 with Oumo boar. Bespoke Black Suede and Fougere on top of a light coating of bio oil to take the edge off the very close shave I just had with the above (freshly unwrapped blade).

Many thanks to Jason for sending me my birth year Gillette and the kind freebies.

Smooth
20230203_132230.jpg

Black handled Gillette Superspeed Flare tip, landed today from @OrangeSport along with a tuck of Wilkies and a Palmolive stick! I had not shaved this morning so I did so within minutes of this arriving.

Brush is my vintage 400 with Oumo boar. Bespoke Black Suede and Fougere on top of a light coating of bio oil to take the edge off the very close shave I just had with the above (freshly unwrapped blade).

Many thanks to Jason for sending me my birth year Gillette and the kind freebies.

Smooth
View attachment 100039
You're very welcome

Glad it's there and you sound pleased with it...

Back
Top Bottom