SOTD: Saturday March 11 - Friday 17 March 2023.

SOTD 20230316.
oXQDd2Q.jpg

PREP "Original Formula" pre-shave cream.
OUMO Brush resin and huanghuali wood / SHD G5 SYN knot.
Mama Bear's Soaps "Siberian Fir Needle" shaving soap.
Vintage Gillette NEW (SC, made in USA) / Stork "Advoco" handle.
Permasharp Super (1).
Homelikeshaving "DejaVu" ASL.

16 March

Geo F Trumper Eucris
Yaqi Heavy Metal
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Geo F Trumper Eucris skin food

47B8E0C9-2151-4EBF-9007-DC876D7421C2.jpeg
After yesterdays slightly disappointing shave with the Karve my first reaction wast to use an E plate but later in the day I decided to give the EJ a run out. A lovely and voluminous lather this morning and a comfortable and close shave, but, was it closer than the Karve? No. The disappointment in the Karve was caused by the sheer brilliance of the ATT SE1 the day before and expectations. Karve again tomorrow.

16/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - OSP No. 08
Razor - Tatara Masamune
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - OSP No.08
Wk 11 (6).JPG
The Kai / Masamune combo works really well for me, i would say the Tatara does not need the wider Kai as it is already a very efficient razor, maybe the Kai lifts this razors efficiency to its brother the Nodachi? who knows as i cannot compare.
A very easy, plentiful, slick lather today and a fine post shave routine finishing the really easy 2 pass BBS shave.
Spot on that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

16/3/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Stirling Electric Sheep
Brush - ApSc 22mm SynBad
Razor - Gillette Thin Handle Tech
Blade - Statum Platinum Chrome (4)
Post - Alum/Lea Balm
AS - Denim Black

During the shave, the razor slipped and I sliced myself, probably about a one centimetre cut. It took a few swipes of the alum block to seal it up, and the job was a good one!

Nice lather with the Electric Sheep though.

First time using my new/old/vintage Thin Handle Tech. Even though it looks quite similar to my Fat Handle Tech, they perform differently in the shave. The Thin Handle is incredibly mild, the Fat Handle is still on the mild side of things but efficient enough.
They have different baseplates too, the Thin Handle has flat bottom slots whilst the Fat Handle has triangular slots.
I'm finding the Tech a fascinating design. Even though it seems to look much the same, there are a number of small variations that seem to make more of a difference than I first thought.

Anyway gents, have a good day.

IMG_20230316_124753.jpg

16/03/2023

Razor: Shield Avenger SE
Blade: Kai Captain Pink Mild (1)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Silvertip
Soap: B&M Cool

20230316_150843.jpg

My boiler has finally been repaired today which means we have hot water again. Bliss! Had a couple of kettle and cartridge shaves that were an utter disaster. Back in the game now!

@Paul L - a Boti Leader Silvertip fan in this brush. You inspired me.

PXL_20230316_095056608~2.jpgSecond go of the Pearl and first of the Super ShaveX. This is a sharp and smooth blade! I like it.
Dialled down from 4 to 2 and think this works better for me, but still early days.
I knew I had a vintage Wilkinson Sword stick somewhere but gave up hope of finding it. Then found it last night in an old toiletry bag, probably not touched since my first holiday with the missus in 2016!
At the moment I'm trying to get through the M&S Sandalwood aftershave as can't get excited about it and don't think it smells of real sandalwood.
Notwithstanding, a great shave.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Pearl Flexi V5
Blade: Super ShaveX Platinum
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Wilkinson Sword Shave stick (vintage)
Aftershave: M&S Harvard Sandalwood https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/64134fe5d581142156d56ff8

20230316_174411.jpg

Last shave in the week long the R41GS v the 6S. Conclusions are here:

This was the Shark SS's 3rd outing in the Muhle and it provided a very close and clean shave....

20230316_180957.jpg

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Treet Dura Sharp ( 2 )
Brush = 26 mm High Mountain Badger By Bobby Moffat.
Soap = B&M The Four Horesmen ( Death )
with matching splash
Balm = Clarins Ultra Moisturiser
67920F8E-D4A4-420B-BD60-103A96DEFE81.jpegAnother 10/10 shave today with the last of the Four horsemen series death.
Might be the last but it’s certainly not the least.
Brilliant performing soaps as you would expect from B&M and the scents are very complex similar to DG.
Brilliant really.
I haven’t used this razor in a good few months due to a nugget issue and yes i’m the nugget.
When i emptied one of my toilet bags this razor was in it, i completely forgot i actually took it to Brazil and forgot all about it.
Complete numpty, i was desperate for different gear over there yet this was sitting there hiding in my bag.
I know a lot of people don’t like the 6s saying it’s built like a tank but i like it
in fact it’s possibly the most efficient razor i own,
not the best but defo efficient.
Until Tomorrow
Stay Safe Boys & Girls

due to a nugget issue and yes i’m the nugget.
I know what you mean M. - but you may have to introduce non-Scottish members to the phrase? It doesn't involve chickens - which might not be immediately obvious. cf. - bam - roaster - warmer - rocket - screamer et al. :cool::rolleyes: - aye fcuk - I.

@Scotshave

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom