SOTD: Saturday March 4 - Friday 10 March 2023.

SOTD: 4th March 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Cream.
Razor: Merkur 34C. - Silver Star Super Stainless. (D1)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./Milton Lloyd London 2000 EdT.

(Face & Head shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

The Merkur 34C has wonderful balance to it. It feels good in comfortable in my hand, equally to the Muhle R89 which like the Merkur 34C is a great every day razor and think both provide a very good shave.

If i have to have a crit then the Muhle fit and finish is much better than the Merkur. The 34c along with the R89 where my first DE razors and I would recommend either to anyone along with the Edwin Jagger DE89 and a Vintage Gillette tech as great starter razors.

I normally use one of my SE/ injector razors for my Dome/Head shaves, but it's been a while since i actually used a DE razor and the 34C was a wonderful choice.

I started with the 34C, and I do not have hands like dinner plates, so for me the short handle is fine. I have come to appreciate the longer lighter handle of the R89, and the balance it provides....After I got acquainted with both razors I bit the bullet and progressed to the Muhle R41 of which i have to be honest and state my first few shaves where a horrible experience, but once i got my shaving confidence & my technique progressed I was rewarded with some sublime shaves.

The Silver star SS felt comfortable smooth & efficient paired together with the 34C wonderfully....If my memory serves me correctly the longevity on these blades is exceptional.

A close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a ew small squirts of Milton Lloyd London 2000 EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

20230302_152800.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso Pre shave
Brush Yaqi Aqua Blue 24mm Knot.
Soap Coates superior Sandalwood.
Razor Muhle R41 2011 aka The Beast or The Shark.
Bowl Captains Choice Obsidian Copper Bowl.
Blade Dorco Prime.
Hesnon Razor stand.
Aftershave Old Spice.
The Coates cream really did surprise me and was an excellent shaving cream.
Another great shave that left me looking and smelling fabulous.
Have a great weekend everyone.

04/03/23
Straight Edge Saturday
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Martin De Candre Agrumes
Razor - 6/8 Koraat B-II Near wedge - Cocobolo
Blade - @Ulrik
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 10 (1).JPG
A very nice shave this morning with the Koraat, The big Silvertip whipping up the MDC sample to a very nice lather.
An earlier shave than usual combined with yesterdays close shave i only needed 1 pass and some touch up for a very nice BBS, comfortable finish.
1st use of the 4711 Rose and its quite nice, i think it will match nicely with the MDC Rose and Signature soaps Coria.
A nice start to the day.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Today's shave:

rdt230304k1fwv.jpg

- The Personal Barber Blue Amber
- Semogue BC 2013 LE Cerda
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with Sputnik blade
- Brummel aftershave

:)

A bit of a rushed report to support a non-rushed shave. And another morning effort. To start this week of SOTD's from the house of Satan this one arrives with the theme, 'Morning rush and morning rashes'

20230304_082412.jpg

Run run run - Muhle R89
Fast fast fast - Feather
Brush brush brush - Razorock 400
Soap soap soap - Signature Soaps Danum
Rash rash rash (no rash) - Nivea

'And they all ran like buggery to get away from this shave report'

A charming start to the day with the 89 proving why every shaver should live the experience. Quick, easy, hassle free, rash free and perfection.

Thank you

A shave without some Japanese ladies? Never. Hystoic vein? I thought so as well..

Sotd 04.03

Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: Haylis artisan Rose shaving soap
Splash: tds cosmetic rose
Alum bloc
Balm: arko sensitive

Bowl: wet the face
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: karve stainless OC-D plate
Blade: Gillette nacet 2nd use

Scent notes: I get a nice medium straight up Rose scent from the tub which when lathered reduces to mild scent .

The soap contains lily and lemon oil with a predominant Rose oil.
Performance of the soap was great the lather was excellent and also nice and dense with a nice slick feeling also the soap is soft enough to scoop into a bowl but not to soft
Razor wise I used the karve again and paired with the nacet it is a perfect combo

Great start to a Saturday have a great weekend folks
20230304_093140.jpg20230304_093151.jpg20230304_093206.jpg20230304_093247.jpg20230304_093725.jpg20230304_093739.jpg

SOTD 04-Mar
20230228_133915.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth'
Soap: AE The Novelist
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: Rubie

Fantastic shave, there are many like it but this one is mine, amazing razor absolutely love it. Close and irritation free finish, helped along ably by my favourite AE set, I've got 3 in the wings when this one dies!

Hope everyone had a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

PXL_20230304_111509289~2.jpg

SOTD March 4. 2023.

Razor - Gillette ABC Pocket Edition.
Blade - Astra SP.
Soap - Rex Supply Co - 1955.
Brush - Chisel and Hound badger.
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper.
Post - Refinery ASB.
Frag - Diesel - Fuel For Life.

I'm loving this little razor dating from 1918, it shaves as well now as it did when new.
Paired with an Astra SP blade, a good pairing I think as it left me with a baby smooth finish and no blood loss.
The 1955 shave soap is very good indeed, it lathers up a treat and offers plenty of slip n slide and cushion.
I shall be using the setup for the next week.
My Frag today was given to me as a gift, it's not one I would have bought for myself but it's growing on me! :)

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy.

Paul.

Saturday March 4, 2023
Razor: KC Gillette
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Sorrentino Orange Crush/Cashmere
Soap: Stirling Smoky Grapefruit
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2:
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,580

Life was not complicated enough so we had these wind storms yesterday blow through. No damage to my property but power has been out since 5ish yesterday evening. We can't allow this to prevent and enjoyable shave though. Everyone have a great day!
IMG_20230304_093007390.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom