SOTD: Saturday March 4 - Friday 10 March 2023.

Saturday - left the shave until later so I don't need to shave tomorrow as I'm off early for a pre marathon 20 mile tester.
I used the 1967 black handle flare tip loaded with a Nacet.
Thought a bit of leather would do nicely given the shite weather.
Had a really nice 2 pass plus pick-ups shave.
Result = DFS
Have a good weekend Sneinton

Attachments

• 20230304_155637.jpg
    20230304_155637.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 6
4 March, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Timor
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade
Soap: Gentleman's Nod: Musashi ( C4 )
Fragrance: Almeria by Loumari

a stunning shave today. the Weber/Timor is a really nice combo, and Musashi is just fantastic in every department, with a wonderful spicy fragrance. Wonderful.

Thought I'd change pace with an oil. Smells great and provides a lot of glide. I prefer the face feel of a shaving soap or cream but thought I'd try something different for a change.
Matched with the new-to-me Rose of Bulgaria aftershave which I love and slapped on vigorously.
Shave number 4 with the Spoiler and still very sharp.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Stahly Live Blade (head only)
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless "the Spoiler"
Lather: Loretta hand-made organic brushless shaving cream Rose, geranium and palmarosa oil
Aftershave: Bio Fresh Rose of Bulgaria https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/640396c3d581142156d56ed0

Saturday AM 2023-03-04
The American Automobile Association was founded on this date in 1902
PtTghFK.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow)
Carbon Damascus Adamas
Personna 74 Tungsten (21)
Ethos Grooming Mysore Santal aftershave
qorNr9U.jpg
B1igqWu.jpg

Saturday 4th March

AMWts8CmK5s4E8ytZOhZlA6HSDqj46PYIOAypfqfsIFh1tH0JTtxD4evQ3wvOCayPY-_e7bbPzqoRC5JCG3YTXsvRucxJvgXdmQIKp3g3kUOzGLJa4USrS4o8PrtVr54vSE-GBHWKJJ7v-d_xGahi9iiRc5mgg=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Tabac (Veg) Shaving Stick (Grated) & Semogue SOC Taj Pure Bristle 24mm
Wilkinson Sword Sticky & Bolzano SuperInox
Tabac Aftershave

First go with the veg formula Tabac which I bought a stick of and grated into a tub. First impressions are very good! I like it! The super-white creaminess is reminiscent of Vitos Supercrema and there's plenty of scent in there. If it was the first time I'd used Tabac, I'd be more than happy. If I were blissfully unaware that there had been a formula change, I think I'd notice something but probably wouldn't think much more about it.

I'll be using the tallow formula Tabac tomorrow and so will gain a full personal comparison.

16661A3D-F715-41DA-95C6-09FDAE38C58E.jpeg
SOTD: 04/03/2023

Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Lothur Oregon Croap
Aftershave: Lothur Oregon Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

So today was a nearly new shave with everything bar the blade and bowl. I rarely do this as there’s too many variables but with all my recent goodies arriving I couldn’t resist. The Lothur is amazing and to my brutish nose a stronger and similar set of scent notes to Proraso Green. The brush is lovely in the hand and love the firmness of the knot, so I’m looking even more forward to my own commission.
I have so far very little to add to the comprehensive review from @Masamune. as he said it’s a fantastic smooth, mild and comfortable daily shaver. It’s very solid and the handle feels great, it’s lighter than it looks and I wouldn’t have thought it hollow if I didn’t know. For a first run I went with my go to Astra Green and at times it was so smooth and effortless I had to double check I’d A) loaded the blade and the. B) was taking any growth off! On the second pass, I was able to run the razor the full length of my jawline, from ear to chin, without a bump or nick with good results, this is normally a problem area for me but I was able to complete the full length with a good finish and minimal effort. It’s not going for a peel the top layer of skin shave, this is an efficient work day razor it will leave you nicely smooth for your 9-5.
I love the feel of the finish if not the look, it’s a little darker than I like. There’s a small amount of blade exposure but the head does such a good job at clamping down on the blade there’s zero movement which possibly explains why it barely felt like it was there. It’s certainly an intuitive head design, easy to find an effective angle and the lather slots clear the soap easily. I’m going to stick with the Astra for another day or so then see if the efficiency improves with a sharper blade.
Many thanks for the chance to be a part of the passaround @Scorpio93
It’s so far been a great first shave with my first use of a Wolfman. Even if this isn’t the normal premium hand finished version, I can certainly still see the craftsmanship in how it just feels right from the off.

coeqyRa.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Kent BLK8 Silvertip Badger
Cream: Acqua Di Parma
Razor: Blutt WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Florida Water (Peruvian) Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Acqua Di Parma Colonia

An effortless, smooth and close three pass shave with this line-up.

Back
Top Bottom