SOTD: Saturday March 4 - Friday 10 March 2023.

Sat 4th
Soap LaToja Stick
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade American Shave Platinum 2nd
Aftershave Old Spice Original Splash
Epic lather from the soap...awesome! The razor and blade+shim combo provided a fast and smooth shave in 3 passes for a dfs++ finish...nice!!
20230304_101238.jpg
Sun 5
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Goblin Husky Knot
Razor Gillette RFB
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 1st
Just a beautifully creamy and slick lather from the soap. It's cooling and smells fabulous with the matching splash.
An easy and efficient shave with this razor paired with the blade. 3passes for a bbs finish...
20230305_120252.jpg

SOTD: 5th March 1013.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: AP Shave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Pearlman shaver's Spirit Shaving Soap.
Razor: Merkur 34C. - Silver Star Super Stainless. (D2)

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB. /Milton Lloyd Essentials No1 EdP.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

It's been a while since i used the Pearlman Shaver's spirit soap is good shaving soap... It's very slick, protective with a fresh mild masculine
fragrance which lingers throughout the shave and beyond creating a wonderful lather in a short space of time leaving a good post shave feel.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No1 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your and enjoy your Sunday ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Sunday 5th March
Ever Ready Streamline - GEM Stainless Coated #4 - Alpha Outlaw - Wickham Gothic Revival - Blue Stratos AS - Wickham Gothic Revival Balm
z9bw8jV.jpg

People might get bored but here we go again with the OA Sapone da Barba and Hawk V3A. Blade is still the Kai 'Pink' (2) which gave me a smooth and error free shave again. Zara #Tobacco Collection Intense/Dark/Exclusive to make a change from Tabac.

Today just rotating the brush to the Omega ovangkol wood.

This soap is so easy, I'm really getting into it and might just use this setup all week and just change brushes.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend guys
20230305_084235.jpg

SOTD 05-Mar
20230228_133955.jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: Black Watch
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: Rubie

Decent shave for a blade on its last legs, next to my go to GSBs I do really like these Rubie blades. Going to be trying some of the wizamets that I got in the other day. Two different productions I believe. I got them more out of curiosity to see whether my insensitive face can tell any difference...I'm doubtful.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

View attachment 101736

SOTD March 4. 2023.

Razor - Gillette ABC Pocket Edition.
Blade - Astra SP.
Soap - Rex Supply Co - 1955.
Brush - Chisel and Hound badger.
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper.
Post - Refinery ASB.
Frag - Diesel - Fuel For Life.

I'm loving this little razor dating from 1918, it shaves as well now as it did when new.
Paired with an Astra SP blade, a good pairing I think as it left me with a baby smooth finish and no blood loss.
The 1955 shave soap is very good indeed, it lathers up a treat and offers plenty of slip n slide and cushion.
I shall be using the setup for the next week.
My Frag today was given to me as a gift, it's not one I would have bought for myself but it's growing on me! :)

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy.

Paul.
I covet these razors, Paul.

05/03/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - Pearl Blaze
Blade - 7 o' Clock Yellow
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 10 (2).JPG
The Signature soaps performed brilliantly today, easily as good as the MDC samples i have tried, the Coria has a more Complex scent than the stand alone MDC Rose scent. Both great performers and both great scents.
The Indian Sharpedge in the Brilliant Indian Blaze were a great combination today, 3 very comfortable passes for an easy BBS finish.
I picked up both the 4711 Rose and Jasmine the other week to go with my Original and vintage versions and for all they are really nice scents on application they do not have a lot of longevity - Who'd have thought this Hairy Ar**d Welder would be putting Rose scented splash on his face? I would have been laughed out of the yard 40 year ago.
Anyhow - a great shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom