SOTD: Saturday March 4 - Friday 10 March 2023.

View attachment 101910
SOTD: 07/03/2023

Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Signature Wicstun Puck
Aftershave: Signature Wicstun Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

I applied a little more pressure today to see if could eek a little more efficiency out of the Guerrilla. It semi worked and felt marginally better but by mid morning I could feel my stubble Beginning to return. It’s a lovely mild shaver, and the design and finish are spot on but unfortunately it is just too mild even for me.
It’s my birthday tomorrow so I’ll make that my last shave with the Guerrilla and go with my current favourite razor instead. Thanks a lot for the opportunity to join the passaround and for the chance to try my first Wolfman it was much appreciated. I can see why they are held in such high regard but if need to some for a more aggressive version.
Happy birthday Lee !

SOTD 08-Mar
20230307_160953.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: B&M Plague
Razor: Gillette LC
Blade: Wizamet (Z-2)

Decent shave this morning, the LC really is a nice razor. Wizamet blade on round 2 felt just as smooth as the first outing, fingers crossed that carries on.

The plague set is probably my favourite of the 4 Horsemen set, doesn't see much use mind (I may have forgotten about them in the drawer of mystery!).

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 20230308.
6gYiFcH.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue: pre-).
J&T® purpleheart / Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle knot.
Proraso "Wood and Spice" shaving cream.
iKon B1 DeLuxe / OSS handle.
Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel (3).
Pitralon "Classic" AS.

8/3/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Palmolive Cream
Brush - ApSc Synbad 22mm
Razor - Gillette BE Tech
Blade - Gillette Winner Platinum (4)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Brut Sport Style

A few shaves with the SynBad, set with a loft of about 54mm or so? I tried bowl lathering, but it turned out to be completely useless at that so transferred to face lathering and if I'm honest it was seemed a touch too small. The smallest drop of cream I could muster even still seemed to be too much, the knot wasn't large enough to hold the amount of lather needed after hydration, so my lather was falling off the brush by the time I'd added enough water. I think a 24mm sized knot might be the sweet spot for this knot for creams, but it's a superb knot nonetheless. I think this 22mm SynBad would be better for using a shaving stick/puck when I can control the exact amount.
I can see myself adding a 24mm SynBad, SilkSmoke or Cashmere in the future; these APSC knots seem to be top quality.
Nice shave with the Gillette Winner Platinum, blade was done on this shave.

Have a good day gents.

IMG_20230308_112247.jpg

08/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Vintage Bone handle badger
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Schick B1 Repeating Razor 1927-32
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Formula 1
Wk 10 (5).JPG
I really get a sense of privilege to be able to shave with Kit like todays set up.
The little bone handled bristle brush has a lot of back bone so i need to bowl lather with it as it still has a lot of "scritch" and takes some work to get enough lather for the shave. Today about 3/4" of vintage cream gave enough for my 2 passes and touch up on the whirlpools.
The Schick repeating razor is probably my favourite vintage shaver, i just love everything about it, i may have to start my search for the A and C versions.
Finishing this wonderful bit of sink time with a rub of my homemade balm and a good splash Williams original.
Yes, i do believe i enjoyed that.
Happy birthday Lee @LeeMaz i hope you have a great day.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Tuesday 7th March

Soap • Hampshire Wool Fat No1
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Riron AC
Blade • Schick Proline P (2)
Post • Paul Smith Men Aftershave

A good close finish, but I acquired a small cut on the chin. This soap isn't as slick as others I have been using recently, which caused a bit of blade drag - so the lather is getting the blame for the cut.
I'm really getting the hang of using these AC shavettes. My confidence is growing - even to the extent that I've started using my non-dominant hand to shave that side of the face. This is something i didn't think I would be capable of attempting just a week or two ago.

View attachment 101910
SOTD: 07/03/2023

Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Signature Wicstun Puck
Aftershave: Signature Wicstun Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

I applied a little more pressure today to see if could eek a little more efficiency out of the Guerrilla. It semi worked and felt marginally better but by mid morning I could feel my stubble Beginning to return. It’s a lovely mild shaver, and the design and finish are spot on but unfortunately it is just too mild even for me.
It’s my birthday tomorrow so I’ll make that my last shave with the Guerrilla and go with my current favourite razor instead. Thanks a lot for the opportunity to join the passaround and for the chance to try my first Wolfman it was much appreciated. I can see why they are held in such high regard but if need to some for a more aggressive version.
Happy Birthday Lee
All the very best to you

Wednesday March 8, 2023
Razor: Gibbs Adjustable
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Semogue Galahad/Boar
Soap: Panna Crema Nuavia Rossa
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2:
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,584

Visit went well yesterday with the rest of the packing removed and some stitches removed while some left for follow up in 2 weeks I guess. Also removed 2 huge stints. My glasses were off but when he was removing it/pulling it out, my head went with him thinking he didn't cut that stitch. As he got it out my wife says," Did you just pull that out of his nose"? I guess she thought it was slight of hand because I don't care how big it was, it FELT like it came out of my nose......Breathing was unbelievable at the visit and gave me the indication that the surgery was a success. He says it will only get better but I will still have mucus drainage and swelling/pain that will make it less clear a times but will continue to lessen. I had this broken......bad when I was 17 and never remember breathing like this in my entire life of nearly 59 years. Thanks for the well wishes from all and looking forward to things just improving further as it all heals. Great shave today as well although too congested when I first got up to get much scent. Still not supposed to blow the honker for another week at least. Have a great day everyone !
S0TGVBw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom