SOTD: Saturday March 4 - Friday 10 March 2023.

Another morning shave? Ooo la la! And this morning's fantastic French frolicking fantasies by the bathroom sink arrives themed, "Last Tango in Wicstun'

20230308_075640.jpg

Le rasoir - Ikon B1
La lame - Wizamet Super Iridium
La brosse - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Le savon - Signature Soaps Wicstun
La lubrification - Pure moisturiser
'Ooo la la, c'est une grosse noix de beurre......'

With the rising popularity of Londinium within the shaving community I have decided I now prefer Wicstun as I hate being the way of the masses. Londinium, you are fired. So Wicstun it was to be. After all Mr Brian Soaps did name it after the place I have a connection with following a bit of banter. Market Weighton, the new London. And a bang on lather with a bang on scent with a bang on brush.

After the superb outing with the B1 the other day and a great opportunity to be absolutely lazy by using the same razor with the same blade and not having to think too much, Ikon, you are that razor. Thinking tends to be something I either can't be arsed to practice or something which.......sod it, I can't be bothered to think of another something.

After a long night and an early arrival back home from work this morning, this shave was one of those which shakes out the tiredness and brings with it that sense of elation. Then I went to bed. What a bloody waste of that elation thing. And I assume that the shaking didn't remove much of feeling cream crackered. But at least I could rest my smooth face on the pillow and drift in to dreaming of pulling. Then woke up doing the same.

A good shave? Too damn fucking right

And a new bunch of Japanese ladies to sing their way to the end of my SOTD. If anything strangely named. Enjoy...or don't...

View attachment 101910
SOTD: 07/03/2023

Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Signature Wicstun Puck
Aftershave: Signature Wicstun Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

I applied a little more pressure today to see if could eek a little more efficiency out of the Guerrilla. It semi worked and felt marginally better but by mid morning I could feel my stubble Beginning to return. It’s a lovely mild shaver, and the design and finish are spot on but unfortunately it is just too mild even for me.
It’s my birthday tomorrow so I’ll make that my last shave with the Guerrilla and go with my current favourite razor instead. Thanks a lot for the opportunity to join the passaround and for the chance to try my first Wolfman it was much appreciated. I can see why they are held in such high regard but if need to some for a more aggressive version.

Happy birthday :)

972DF771-CC6D-47CB-AE22-E100C4C147E2.jpeg
SOTD: 08/03/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Feather Pro, 4th use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles A Midnight Dreary Puck
Scent Oil: HC&C Dark Moon
Fragrance: Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de Toilette

Many thanks for all the birthday wishes. Despite the black and tarnished damage to the Stando I wanted to use it for my Birthday shave. Thankfully it still worked a great and gave a brilliant shave. I decided to top up the Catie’s bubble with the similar scented oil from HC&C oil. This was a significant improvement on the Wolfman efficiency wise but equally smooth and easy.
All in all a great birthday shave!

View attachment 101958
SOTD: 08/03/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Feather Pro, 4th use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles A Midnight Dreary Puck
Scent Oil: HC&C Dark Moon
Fragrance: Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de Toilette

Many thanks for all the birthday wishes. Despite the black and tarnished damage to the Stando I wanted to use it for my Birthday shave. Thankfully it still worked a great and gave a brilliant shave. I decided to top up the Catie’s bubble with the similar scented oil from HC&C oil. This was a significant improvement on the Wolfman efficiency wise but equally smooth and easy.
All in all a great birthday shave!
Happy belated birthday Lee

SOTD 09-Mar
20230308_132058.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: SSC Margaritas
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: Wizamet (Z-3)

Refreshing shave this morning, fancied another lime after seaforth. Perhaps not the wisest choice considering the dropping temperatures but surprisingly I really liked it. A nice little wakeup but the cold doesn't last as long as B&M Terror, which for me is a good thing. That stuff stayed on my hands for far too long which resulted in some very unfortunate, and uncomfortable, issues!

Wizamet still going strong, may not have been the best idea to use such an aggressive razor as a test but luckily worked out.

Smooth and smelling good, ready for the day. Hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:

SOTD: 9th March 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Haslinger Aloe Vera Shaving Soap.
razor: Merkur 34C. -Silver Star Super Stainless. (D4)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Cien X-Bolt ASL. / L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

An enjoyable shave to finish my shaving week off superbly.

The trusty Merkur 34C has performed wonderfully throughout the week it was my first DE razor along with the Muhle R89 and both razors are still two of my firm favourites to date and will always have a place in my humble DE razor collection.

The efficiency & longevity of the Lord Silver Star SS throughout the week has been excellent feeling smooth & sharp with no indication of dulling. i feel as though the blade could give me another 2 shaves at least, but as I have such a vast amount of DE blades to contend with I will retire it as four good shaves from a blade is more than adequate for me.

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Thu 9
Soap & Aftershave Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
The soap's lather was on point with a great scent in combination with the matching splash. The brush is very nice...plush feeling on the face...
This razor's previous use was not as satisfactory so put it through the 0.1um balsa followed by the Kanayama. The resulting edge feel was crispier and smoother in 3 passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230309_135926.jpg

Happy birthday @LeeMaz

Right, time for a change now the Astra is finished and I've had a week of the lovely OA.

In celebration of the forecast 9°C rise from 2 to 11 (36 - 52 in dollars) I decided to break out the limes. I have a set of TGS Royal Lime that hasn't been used all winter so this was the excuse I needed. Back on the Hawk V3A, with the Kai Captain Titan Mild (3). The Rubberset has been winking at me from the shelf so here we go.

Initially the soap sprang into life just from a bit that I brushed off the inside lid. It dissipated quite quickly and I think this soap needs a decent loading if it's to last for 3 passes so I'll load more and probably use the 26mm Phantom Aerolite tomorrow. Anyway the shave was in order and no nasties. Finish with the matching splash and I'll apply a little scent later as the non alcoholic splash does fade after a while.
20230309_080935.jpg

Thursday 9th March
General Brass - Proshave S #1 - Yaqi Moka Express - Haslinger Honig - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1t9f1r2.jpg

PS...Many happy returns Lee

Back
Top Bottom