Sour grapes

Nothing to do with sour grapes, Roby, @Robyflexx, and everything to do with my desire for this British based forum, that I have enjoyed for several years, to continue to reflect British standards, ethos and values. I don't know how much you have read but one of the things members really value here are friendly gestures and actions along with sincere kind words.

We can all read American forums if we wish. I, for one, wish to keep TSR a haven from the goings on of such forums.

What do I want SOTD to look like? As I said at the outset of this conversation - to look like it used to before all the 'feedback' began. We've always had some feedback and chat in SOTD but not to the extent of it cluttering the thread as it does now.

I strongly disagree - a British based forum it may be - but it has contributors from all over. What is it that is 'un-British standards' in leaving comments and feedback? What's particularly striking here is that the criticism is of the SOTD thread that Bechet never contributes to.

Smacks of 'little Englander' to me.

Personal preference - as stated in SOTD where the conversation began.

I don't post there, Rob - but read every post with interest. Costs me a lot of money, too!

But Carl, even though you want the forum to remain under British standards wasn't it the 'American' education that led you to claim Soap Commander as the king of soaps? Surely comments are just to aid shavers. I haven't read the OP's dialogue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My stated preference is that SOTD is de-cluttered of all the comments about Good photo, lovely razor, beautiful brush, thanks, thank you - and we go back to SOTD being SOTD posts, albeit with the occasional chatter, as it was until fairly recently.

Our most prolific and most 'Liked' SOTD poster is American. No, he's not but he lives there.

Bet the SOTD thread has suddenly jumped in popularity!

I like a bit of chat... on the very rare occasions I have posted anything I like people acknowledging it and commenting. Its just being friendly IMHO.

Not sure how either way is more\less British???

Matt

Sorted...

27481805592_aba9c65593_b.jpg

I'm in agreement with @Bechet on the keeping SOTD clear of clutter.
But @UKRob also makes a good point with his "little Englander" comment, a lot of our foreign friends have every right to take at least a little offence at bechets attitude.

Then I have expressed it badly. I'm simply saying that I'd like TSR to continue to attract British and other national members rather than drift into 'have a nice day' and the ways of B&B, for instance. (No disrespect to B&B, just that a lot of our membership is banned there.)

TSR attracts a growing membership both here and around the world. I'm proud to be part of that and want to help protect it.

Back
Top Bottom