Hot shower.
Nivea facewash.
Cold water .
My usual white proraso and bodger.
Black standard, Lab Blue 2.
Normal method to me, wtg, xtg x2, atg.
Nivea Replenishing ASB.

BBS and no sting from the ASB.

A few more as good as this, and I'll be purchasing a white for sure !

My "white" turned up today, courtesy of Gallant & Klein.

A quick peek at the Standard US website tells me that both flavours are already Sold Out over there, after a restock in early May. They're flying off the shelves!

Ferrum said:
JohnVaux said:
Shave Three :

Hot shower.
Nivea facewash.
Cold water .
My usual white proraso and bodger.
Black standard, Lab Blue 2.
Normal method to me, wtg, xtg x2, atg.
Nivea Replenishing ASB.

BBS and no sting from the ASB.

A few more as good as this, and I'll be purchasing a white for sure !

My "white" turned up today, courtesy of Gallant & Klein.

A quick peek at the Standard US website tells me that both flavours are already Sold Out over there, after a restock in early May. They're flying off the shelves!

They are indeed. We've only got a few white ones left and then it's gonna be a case of waiting for a few weeks until they make some more and ship them to the UK from LA.

I'm pleased to report that, not unexpectedly, the white performs as well as the black Standard.

These are definitely "go to" razors for me; and, rather unfaithfully, I think I may now have problems reuniting with the others in my armoury.

Having used my progress and digress for a month solid, followed by struggling through a week with a Weber, I have to report that the last 4 shaves with my standard have been nothing but exemplary.

I do prefer a mild razor,( I rarely go over 2 on the pro/digress and love my techs ), and I appreciate a good aural feedback, this standard nails it.

Tonight I am BBS in 2.5 !!!

Good Morning

How long is the handle on the Standard razor please? (I did try to check but cannot seem to find much info and you can imagine how many results with these words gave me!)

I saw this a while ago when it was out of stock. I like the simplicity of the design, it's kind of Apple-esk. I'm sure, if Apple made razors, it would look something like this, but cost ten times as much!

Thanks
Stephen

Newcomer said:
Good Morning

How long is the handle on the Standard razor please? (I did try to check but cannot seem to find much info and you can imagine how many results with these words gave me!)

I saw this a while ago when it was out of stock. I like the simplicity of the design, it's kind of Apple-esk. I'm sure, if Apple made razors, it would look something like this, but cost ten times as much!

Thanks
Stephen

The handle is 90mm or 3 5/8 inches, and the length overall (head included) is 100mm or 4 inches. The handle is 13mm or 1/2 inch diameter. Sizes as close as I can measure with a ruler.

rowlers said:
axelk said:
rowlers said:
I'm really tempted by on of these.
Any one confirm what the delivery charge is to the UK? Can find it on the website....

£3.95 if you buy from us.
Thanks. Any customs charges? Or is it luck of the draw?

Luck of the draw. Mine got through minus charges but as ever, some do, some don't. Packaging is pretty plain which helps

I have now tried my Standards with most of the blades I have, ranging from the Derby that came gratis with something, through to Feathers, various Russian blades, and some of my saved British-made Gillettes and Wilkinsons.

I've also used many soaps and creams.

Without exception, I have found that they produce a better result than I would expect in Merkurs, Ikons, ATTs, vintage Gillettes of many sorts, and a couple of more exotic tools.

Of course, these things depend on personal preferences and luck, but I really do think I have found the perfect razor. That is, until such time as I can get my hands on a Razorock Stealth slant.

No need to chose for me - both damned good razors, that's for sure. Until the other day, I had regarded my Standards as easy shavers - chuck a blade in, shave away whilst my mind is elsewhere and get a DFS everytime. Until the other day! A new Feather was at the top of the pile, slung it into the Standard and started WTG in 'Auto'. A sharp pain and blood brought my attention back to the mirror and sure enough, I'd nicked myself. I should have abandoned the shave but hey ho! in that inimitable blokes way I carried on, hoping for a miracle that never came. I wasn't hacked about per se but for me, I was hacked about, sore patches, total disaster.

Let's blame it on the blade rather than my inattention (to begin with) and over-attention (for the rest of the shave) and increasing tenseness - it went in the bin.

I shall be re-investigating these razors, working my way up from utterly safe blades. All I know is that these brilliant razors change somewhere along the blade/attention scale and need more attention, though still a relaxed arm, before or at Feathers.

Templ8 extended my handles for me so I have 100mm instead of the supplied 90mm - makes a world of difference. No, the extension pieces are not colour matched.

Back
Top Bottom