Standard razor - a revelation

Oops! Not nicked myself with this one yet, only a matter of time though I'm sure. Good news, this razor gets the best out of 'mild' blades, Rapira Voskhod work very well. I have posted a SOTD with them.

Hmm, you're really tempting me with these...
As happy as I am with my razors, I'm getting the itch to try one of these.
It can't be any better than the Progress though....?

My Standard Razors black arrived this morning, great service from Gallant and Klein, and another site to add to my shaving bookmarks.

I went with Tabac this morning and loaded the black with a one-day lab. The shave was... different. To be honest I'm not feeling the love. The weight, or lack thereof is an issue, it just doesn't feel right. I'm used to stainless razors so it felt really alien to be using something that light and it just didn't glide like my Weber for example. The end result is good, and as a tool it works but somehow I just didn't enjoy the experience. I'll give it another couple of goes but at the moment it'll be heading for the BST.

chris.hale said:
My Standard Razors black arrived this morning, great service from Gallant and Klein, and another site to add to my shaving bookmarks.

I went with Tabac this morning and loaded the black with a one-day lab. The shave was... different. To be honest I'm not feeling the love. The weight, or lack thereof is an issue, it just doesn't feel right. I'm used to stainless razors so it felt really alien to be using something that light and it just didn't glide like my Weber for example. The end result is good, and as a tool it works but somehow I just didn't enjoy the experience. I'll give it another couple of goes but at the moment it'll be heading for the BST.

Thanks a lot for your kind words, Chris. And for your order, of course. Let us know how you get on with the razor on your next shaves.

Back
Top Bottom