Closed Straight razor waiting list and status (learn to straight shave - need new guys!)...

I'm away from for the for week and a half of August so it might be better to bump mikebrownington up the list and send it to him. Also, I don't own a strop which is probably going to be a problem.

Cool. Reading back through the thread I'm a little confused, which razor is currently doing the rounds, the original one or the frameback? Not that it makes the slightest difference, I'm just curious.

Ok it will be on it's way to Mike within a day or so. It's freshly honed and stropped - there were a couple of nicks in the strop so I rubbed them down. This is quite simple so if anyone does catch the strop some paper in the 200 to 300 grit range can be used to get rid of the flap. If it's a major cut, a dab of superglue can be applied and then sanded flat when dry.

Got it today - thanks Rob. Gave it a quick run out to try, strange experience, one wee nick on the upper lip and a bit of irritation but will plug away! Chin was a nightmare, was like I just couldn't get the hairs to cut but got there in the end...

Keep at it Mike. I notice that Norfolk Dick is finding it a steep learning curve - it's all in the angles. If you are cutting whiskers on your cheeks OK then that tells you that the razor is sharp, therefore problems round the chin area just require more practise.

Getting there, struggling to get the angle of dangle just right. Playing around on my arm after another fairly rough shave leads me to believe it's a bit steeper than I'd thought, probably nearer 35-40 degrees... Will try it a bit steeper tonight!

Mike, a WTG pass should be about two spine widths. When you come to XTG, it drops down a bit and then ATG is flatter still. You'll get there - it's just a matter of practise.

Back
Top Bottom