Closed Straight razor waiting list and status (learn to straight shave - need new guys!)...

RE: Straight razor waiting list and status

Well, I've resisted this long enough I suppose. Can I get my name on the list please? Absolutely no urgency though, I don't want to slice my cheeks off rush anyone else.

Cheers guys, for amking this so easy (much appreciated)!

mr..bean and Exapno it is then :icon_razz:

If anyone takes a SOTD picture with Robs new razor, I can add it to the post, so people can see what razor is used...

Great. So the plan is I am sending the straight off to mr. Bean on the 19th of July so he can start using it as soon as he gets back from his holiday.

Great. Let me know how it goes Mr B. I've not used a shavette and went straight to straight, so will be interested to hear the comparison. I'm particularly interested in how the blades feel on the skin and how you can assess the sharpness of the straight using your knowledge from the shavette. Best of luck!

jeepie said:
Great. Let me know how it goes Mr B. I've not used a shavette and went straight to straight, so will be interested to hear the comparison. I'm particularly interested in how the blades feel on the skin and how you can assess the sharpness of the straight using your knowledge from the shavette. Best of luck!

Ahhh common mistake - a straight will never get as sharp as a shavette blade. hence why you need to be more accurate with the angles on a straight

Cheers BraveBlades. I think therein lies the absolutely trickiest part of straight shaving. I guess I will just get used to how it should "feel" over time. Having a slight hiatus as setting up my strop having passed on the pass around one. Thanks for the tip as always. Much obliged.

Okay, on the current theme, I can't seem to get it sharp! After much youtubing, I have been stropping away, keeping the spine down and taking my time but it REFUSES to sharpen! Failed miserably the hanging hair test and I don't have much hair so I don't want to waste it!

I have a basis of comparison so I don't seem like the worst kind of newbie. My five quid Kropp came back from Rob and i've stropped that too and that is slicing through that hanging hair like a good'un!

So, I am going now to attempt my first proper straight shave but with my Kropp

OOO.

Not sure what to say Mr. B I could shave hairs off my arms with the pass around one, but definitely am a newbie.

I've just shaved with the razor I bought from UKRob and certainly preferred the edge on that. Looking forward to hearing how the Kropp goes. Cheers Greg!

No worries jeepie, that's the point of this, so we can learn! If I hadn't bought/stumbled on the Kropp I would have had one god awful shave with it and it would be now on it's way!

It's all a learning experience!

Okay, right it has had the full treatment. My stropping isn't too bad, i'm slow but seem to be doing it right. My Kropp is lovely and sharp however this isn't and I can't get it sharp either :(

I gave it a spin but had to abandon after 1 cheek, the kropp came to the rescue.

I will pm Mikael (OP?) and seek advice. Watch this space!

Back
Top Bottom