Supermax stainless @ 1.31p per blade

I use these a fair bit, good for 3 shaves but I do better with the Titaniums at 4p a pop, also somewhere on the bay, so goid price, I paid last year 4.83/200 so maybe the Indian currency is down at the mom.

BTW I didn't find the packaging 'vibrent and exiting, [emoji36]

The Blue Diamond are their flagship blade and I would have to agree. The Titaniums are also good. The SS ones described here weren't for me to be honest. Smooth enough but IMO a wee bit dull.

Why chase Cheap Blades, and then spend a fortune on soaps etc. Better surely to spend that bit extra on blades that you know deliver all the time.

Each to their own, but i like Lab Blue, Polsilver & a few more. Have acquired a few years worth, especially as currently favouring SE shaving.

It's more about sampling. I've never had these and for a very little outlay I can try these and move the rest on for next to nowt if they're not for me. Each to their own. I've stocks of my favourite blades and if these are any good they'll go into stock and rotation too.
I think you may have missed out... or missed the point.

cheesepiece said:
It's more about sampling. I've never had these and for a very little outlay I can try these and move the rest on for next to nowt if they're not for me. Each to their own. I've stocks of my favourite blades and if these are any good they'll go into stock and rotation too.
I think you may have missed out... or missed the point.
OK,as you say maybe a cheap way to try out blades.Personally ,iI think i tried far too many, and have enough of the one`s that suit me to last me out.
Note the price has increased a little.so not such a bargain.

I'm predicting a few Super-max blade PIFs in about a weeks time lol. I'll certainly be giving mine away if they don't float my boat. Who knows, they might be "the one" [emoji3]

Super-Max Blue Diamond blades are very acceptable - the best in their range. The rest are pretty crap. They pop up cheap as chips quite often. Try them with Super-Max shaving cream - it is very good.

Look at the Super-Max website for their offers and cheap blades.

I've had some very fine shaves with the Blue Diamonds and the Platinums. Only tried the dark blue pack Super Stainless a couple of times but they've been good - less so than the BD & Plats.

The Stainless ones in this thread were too mild for me though.

I've tried the Super Stainless. They aren't the sharpest, but they're a solid nick-free blade if all you want is a hassle-free shave.

Having said that, if you shave daily they'll do fine, if you let your stubble grow out, look for something sharper (first pass was agony after not shaving for a day over Christmas).

I've tried others in the Super-Max range (the Super Platinums and the Blue Diamonds -- there's two types, I only tried one) and been less impressed (inconsistent shaves, more prone to nicking, yet without any real benefit in closeness).

The fact that these make Derbys look expensive is a boon (this was a cheap offer, but they're typically half the cost anyway), and they perform better for me too.

Well, screwing my courage to the sticking place, I gingerly opened a pack of the SuperMaxes. First impression, not good, some discolouration (not rust!) of the blade surface was visible on both sides of this particular example. OK, time to rock 'n' roll then...

I thought I would play it safe, and loaded up the AS-D2 - my thinking being, that if the blade is completely pants, I can rely on old faithful to protect my face.

I lathered up with C&E West Indian Limes. First few strokes felt a little bit tuggy, but stubble was being removed OK. I started going a bit quicker - which can sometimes make up for a lack of sharpness in the blade - and things were still OK, no sign of red anywhere. Finished up 2 pass and hey presto a DFS; not the last word in smoothness, as I didn't want to push it too far.

No irritation, but I splashed on some orange Myrsol F./Extra - no stinging at all nor any redness.

A pleasant surprise, then, that the exercise did not descend into a bloodbath.

For the price paid for the blades these are actually OK - not great, but good for 1, possibly 2 shaves. Clearly, they won't challenge the leaderboard, but that's missing the point which is that a cheap n cheerful blade can still do the job.

Anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom