Supermax stainless @ 1.31p per blade

cheesepiece said:
No idea but at £1.31 for 100 I'm going to find out. They're not on NotTheStig's famous spreadsheet anyway.
They might be the Super Stainless, row 120 on my spread sheet. The new blue and orange packaging might be the same blade, but haven't tried

NotTheStig said:
cheesepiece said:
No idea but at £1.31 for 100 I'm going to find out. They're not on NotTheStig's famous spreadsheet anyway.
They might be the Super Stainless, row 120 on my spread sheet. The new blue and orange packaging might be the same blade, but haven't tried

No chaps, they are not the ones on NotTheStig's spreadsheet. These are SuperMax 'Stainless' not 'Super Stainless' - lower down the range methinks.

Mine are discoloured too.
Gave one a go in the AS-D2 this morning and it wasn't good. Far too tuggy for my liking so I stopped and swapped it out after the WTG pass.
They may be better suited to a different razor but I don't think I will persevere. At least it's only a couple of quid down the drain!
Anyone think of ingenious, non-shave related uses for 199 blades?

If any one want to ship them over ill be happy to oblige, i get on fine with these (see my method earlier) but I still have 260 blades to use in my stash, half of these are assorted Supermaxes so no rush (pun intended) . [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Nico1970 said:
NotTheStig said:
cheesepiece said:

No chaps, they are not the ones on NotTheStig's spreadsheet. These are SuperMax 'Stainless' not 'Super Stainless' - lower down the range methinks.

Aye - these aren't the same as the "Super Stainless" in the dark blue packets. The actual blades look the same down to the logo on it but they perform much differently IMO.

Stainless (Light blue & Orange box) is definitely Supermax's bottom rung blade. Not terrible but not really worth bothering with for me.

Just for the record, as predicted, these are shite! If something seems too good to be true, it normally is. I'm not sure I'd even pass these on for free and risk inflicting them on someone else.

First blade out the pack had quite a lot of light surface rust, and they're double wrapped! Stuck with it for my left cheek but it was tugging like hell so swapped it out. Won't be giving these a second chance.

If anyone wants them they can have them (189 remaining), but be warned, they have the potential to ruin what is normally the favourite part of your day [emoji36]

Back
Top Bottom