Supply provision revised SE razor

I've a question - do I retry the V1 before thinking of the V2 or do I just start saving for the latter in the hope I get on with it? :p I tried the pass around but it was very early in my shaving hobby so I don't know whether I gave it a good enough outing...

I've a question - do I retry the V1 before thinking of the V2 or do I just start saving for the latter in the hope I get on with it? :p I tried the pass around but it was very early in my shaving hobby so I don't know whether I gave it a good enough outing...

I would give the V1 another try - it took me a week and a blade change (with the Personna PTFE blade) to initially get decent BBS shaves in 3 passes.

Today having used the Proline p-20 blade the performance of the V1 has went up a notch.

You may find that if you cannot get the V1 to work for you, then you may have the same performance difficulties with the V2.

I would give the V1 another try - it took me a week and a blade change (with the Personna PTFE blade) to initially get decent BBS shaves in 3 passes.

Today having used the Proline p-20 blade the performance of the V1 has went up a notch.

You may find that if you cannot get the V1 to work for you, then you may have the same performance difficulties with the V2.
Good to know! Thanks for the guidance, fellow lover of Wrights Coal Tar soap! :D

I'll put a WTB (borrow) up before too long! :) I think inexperience probably ruined the outings I had, rather unfortunately.

Think I'm going to try and find a used Supply SE and just want to check on a few things.
One is the mildest and three is the most aggressive plate (and does anyone ever use the #1 plate)?
There is a V1, a revised V1 (sometimes referred to as a V2), and then an actual V2 version ... right?
Is there really much difference between the versions?
You can take it apart and load and manually load a blade or load it 'injector' fashion?
Keep reading that you cannot use a twin-blade .. why not?

Thanks in advance.

Micheal

Think I'm going to try and find a used Supply SE and just want to check on a few things.
One is the mildest and three is the most aggressive plate (and does anyone ever use the #1 plate)?
There is a V1, a revised V1 (sometimes referred to as a V2), and then an actual V2 version ... right?
You can take it apart and load and manually load a blade or load it 'injector' fashion?

Thanks in advance.

Micheal
I don't know of anyone who uses plate #1. You're right that #3 is the most aggressive.
I don't know what the difference between V1 and revised V1 is - in fact people are stating that V1rev to V2 isn't a big enough upgrade for them to consider upgrading.
You can do both, take apart or load as per injectors.
I'm not sure of the reasoning behind not using the twin blade - I'd assume it's thicker and the tolerances of the razor wouldn't accommodate for one. That is a guess though!

Thanks in advance.

Micheal
You are correct the 0 plate is the mildest and the 000 the most agressive out of the three. I have never used the 0Plate unless I was using a cut down DE blade.
The origanal V1 was revised which ironed out a few teething problems with the loading mechanism , sometimes referred to as the V2.
The difference between the two are slight, and it was repackaged with a new box.
You can take apart the head to change blades as I do or you can load with a injector cartridge .
You can not use the twin blade because the blade won't fit properly.
I hope this helps. :)

Instead of buying a used Supply have been looking at a new Supply V2.0 and thinking about ordering one through the 'Indiegogo' website. Anybody ever dealt with them before? Are they reliable?

Micheal

Instead of buying a used Supply have been looking at a new Supply V2.0 and thinking about ordering one through the 'Indiegogo' website. Anybody ever dealt with them before? Are they reliable?

Micheal
I've not personally used Ingiegogo but it is basically a crowd-funding website, so acts as a vector to purchase from Supply Co. In short, Supply Co. are gathering the money through Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo prior to production and distribution, though they've started issuing the V2.0 to some 'backers'. I'm almost certain this is what happened first time round without any major issue. I've also heard no issues with Supply but there may be a wait considering they're in the early stages of distribution. I was tempted to buy directly but I wasn't sure about customs charges... If I remember correctly the razor in Jet black, with 3 plates in black and postage to UK comes to about $118. If I wasn't unsure about customs charges I may have gone for this option instead of buying used.

Quick question - I gave a practice load at lunch-time and was wondering should the blade sit against the stops after loading or should there be a gap between the blade edge and the stops? I know the blade shouldn't drag against the stops when loading, so I was careful to avoid that. :)

Edit: I think I've found the answer - it should be against the blade stops post-loading! I think it'll be having a quick outing tonight, wish me luck...

Last edited:
Quick question - I gave a practice load at lunch-time and was wondering should the blade sit against the stops after loading or should there be a gap between the blade edge and the stops? I know the blade shouldn't drag against the stops when loading, so I was careful to avoid that. :)

Edit: I think I've found the answer - it should be against the blade stops post-loading! I think it'll be having a quick outing tonight, wish me luck...

Yes, think you are correct. I just checked some youtube videos and it looked as if the blade did come to rest on the 'stops' once the key was pulled out. Same as it does on a Schick or Pal.

Micheal

Back
Top Bottom