Supply provision revised SE razor

I have just noticed the Supply SE V2.0 and the additional heads are up for sale on Maggards Razors. Total price including shipping is about £86, so a few quid short of the Supply SE Indiegogo price... I've enquired as to whether they'll have any of the other colours in stock at any point (they currently supply matte silver) and am waiting for a response.

Background info: Maggards put the value of the item as $15.95 on all international shipments to keep below the taxation threshold. It may be the cheapest way of purchasing prior to it reaching UK shores as a readily available item!

Right, stuck record time... The Supply SE V2.0 and the additional heads are up for sale on Maggards Razors (déjà vu?). They do have them up for sale, for reals, this time! The other colours aren't going to be made available until after the Kickstarter backers have their orders fulfilled. The thinking behind it is, the finishes can be assessed for durability out in the wild so minimising damages.

On an entirely separate note, I asked Supply themselves whether they had any insight into stocking within the UK - they said not so much at this time as they believe the following here is far less than in the US, which is probably warranted. I also asked, on an unrelated note, which is the 'better' finish between Jet Black and Matte Black. They stated the Jet Black is a fingerprint/smudge magnet so if that's a bother then Matte Black is probably better... to which I concurred.

Right, stuck record time... The Supply SE V2.0 and the additional heads are up for sale on Maggards Razors (déjà vu?). They do have them up for sale, for reals, this time! The other colours aren't going to be made available until after the Kickstarter backers have their orders fulfilled. The thinking behind it is, the finishes can be assessed for durability out in the wild so minimising damages.

On an entirely separate note, I asked Supply themselves whether they had any insight into stocking within the UK - they said not so much at this time as they believe the following here is far less than in the US, which is probably warranted. I also asked, on an unrelated note, which is the 'better' finish between Jet Black and Matte Black. They stated the Jet Black is a fingerprint/smudge magnet so if that's a bother then Matte Black is probably better... to which I concurred.
Am I to take it Supply will not be selling their new razor through Connoughts ?

If you've spoken to Patrick directly that is probably the word to take on board. :) I know they were contemplating selling via Amazon Uk but I think that has its hurdles.
I will have a chat with him tomorrow but if I'm going to have to pay for shipping and RM charges there are other US razor manufaturers who don't sell in the UK either so it will be a toss up between which of the three companys do I hand my money to. :) I will let you know when I hear back from him.

Back
Top Bottom