Tabac

It has it's opponents, mainly due to the scent but I think it's hard to beat!

The smell is there alright but it's not awful or anything - just not overly pleasant :s

Main thing is that it makes a superb rich, creamy lather giving as much cushioning as anything else I've tried. Institut Karite and MWF are maybe as good but no better, I feel. It's always easy on the skin with no drying or irritation whatsoever - another bonus.

Thumbs up for Tabac.... :)

Mark

i quite like tabac.

got a tube of proraso cream the other day at walker slater and its very good.

not so keen on smell of tabac though but if you leave it with lid off after a couple months its gone

Mikael said:
If you like those soaps, you maybe would like to try Cade hard soap as well. I really like Tabac too!

Cheers, Mikael. I'll look into that one.

The only other soap I was planning to try out sometime later is Martin de Candre Unscented but that's going to be a while or I'll maybe get a trade sorted sometime sooner.

Mark

Roefisher said:
Mikael said:
If you like those soaps, you maybe would like to try Cade hard soap as well. I really like Tabac too!

Cheers, Mikael. I'll look into that one.

The only other soap I was planning to try out sometime later is Martin de Candre Unscented but that's going to be a while or I'll maybe get a trade sorted sometime sooner.

Mark

I've got a part-used cake of Cade I was going to PIF - send me a PM and we can discuss it.

I recommend you buy the stick with the container for a few extra quid (flea bay ~ £6)
I've owned a few and the scent can be variable...with a container it won't dry out.

It does with the bowl though, you need to sand/file down the tabs on the underside of the lid for that not to happen.

Better prices for Tabac at CheapSmells.com (not affiliated with these guys in any way - just a happy customer).

...I suggest you get the bowl - it's much easier to lather than the stick and less messy. And from this site it's not much more than the stick.

Agreed on both points with Rum.

My Tabac stuff comes from Cheapsmells too. Always the best deal when I order a few items and a great customer service.

The shave stick works alright but I would always recommend their beautiful white ceramic bowl :)

Mark

i just had the ceramic bowl turn up at work, cant wait to try it out.

having that lovely piece on my bathroom shelf (along side the MWF bowl) is probably the biggest argument to not having a can of goo stood there

I love the smell of Tabac too, an absolute classic as far as I am concerned, all the products in the range that I have used are of a good quality too. As previously mentioned Cheapsmells is a good source for Tabac stuff.

Back
Top Bottom