Tabac

Re: RE: Tabac

mrlimbo said:
Refil stick £3.95 inc p&p

BEAT THAT !

:icon_razz:

I couldn't beat it so I joined! Delivered this morning, I had a test lather with it after grating it into a bowl. I certainly whips up into a rich lather
Looking forward to having shave with it in the morning

jds1 said:
Sounds like a great product. Can anyone describe what it smells like?

Jeff

This is usually when Martin (Dodgy) makes an amusing comment. Something like, it smells like a fart that's been brewing for 16 days, or words to that effect. :)
I've ordered one myself but haven't used it before so I'll let you know what I think of the smell when I get it.

jds1 said:

Jeff

Views range from the delicate scent of decaying vegetation in a deserted and overgrown graveyard at midnight, kinda dank, damp & heavy through to the other extreme of mildly pleasant. Maybe just label it "Marmite" & love it or hate it.

JohnnyO. \:angel:

jds1 said:

Jeff

A new cake smells of leather and flowers, and when I first used it I was quite put off. After a few shaves and exposure to air and water (but not fire or earth) the scent calms down to something a little more acceptable.

That's my reading of it, but you won't know until you try it, and the lather, regardless of scent, is superb.

Ian

To me (not a fan of the scent but I like the performance and price) it smells predominantly of stale tobacco, some florals and maybe a hint of leather, in all seriousness. I have been a little less kind in previous comments. I have the shaving stick and since I bought it have kept the top off of it and the air flowing around it. After what is probably about to months it subdues and the stale smokiness lessens a great deal. Now it smells acceptable to me, if not really a scent I like. I can't really say if I would buy it again just yet but I wouldn't sell/PIF/throw it away so that's something

Back
Top Bottom