Tabac

Even a group buy doesn't really make it that cheap.
To buy them in bulk and have them shipped to the UK will cost roughly £2.70 each, then to distribute in the UK will cost £2.20 each, so that's a total of £4.90 per stick.

If people are interested I will organise a group buy though.

Mikael said:
Helveticum said:
Really want to try that LEA stick, just can't find an acceptable price (together with shipping).. Any ideas?

Do a group buy, brilliant stuff! I bought 3 when ordering some AS from G&C ...

Yeah, looks like I'm gonna have to splash out on some Myrsol, finally, to justify the shipping costs..

Re: RE: Tabac

octopus said:
ollie9091 said:
I couldn't beat it so I joined! Delivered this morning, I had a test lather with it after grating it into a bowl. I certainly whips up into a rich lather
Looking forward to having shave with it in the morning

So how did it go then?

Well thanks. It produces the best lather I have had from a soap ( not a massive recommendation as I mainly use creams). I enjoy the scent.....tobacco and leather... Hence the name?

Just resurrecting this thread. After some heavy duty lurking in Boots this morning I managed to get a sniff of some Tabac products without being thrown out by the burly Manageress. Well... I don't like Marmite, but I do like Tabac. Very old school... but nothing wrong with that. If they had a soap stick, I would have bought some there and then.

Got my Tabac shave stick - it's AWESOME. On par with the Speick one - so easy to lather and such a good shave! Waiting on LEA to turn up now..

2WiffWaff - it's less than 5 quid delivered, last link above. Worth it! Stick is hu ge though, I would've preferred it to be half the size for travel purposes.

Helveticum said:
Got my Tabac shave stick - it's AWESOME. On par with the Speick one - so easy to lather and such a good shave! Waiting on LEA to turn up now..

2WiffWaff - it's less than 5 quid delivered, last link above. Worth it! Stick is hu ge though, I would've preferred it to be half the size for travel purposes.

Thanks, H
I got a Speick stick (mainly) for travel... used it today, in fact, and I love it. Quite tempted by the Tabac... apart from what you said about the size.
For travel... I'm going to Tenerife in 9 weeks... believe that LEA sticks are available there... maybe La Toja too... so I may hang fire on the Tabac

Purchased my first Tabac Stick a couple of weeks ago and it's my first try of a shaving stick.

I dampened my face and the stick, and rubbed the stick over my beard then used my Rooney style One and it lathered up a treat. I think its a really handy travelling soap as it eliminates the need of a bowl.

I know the scent is something which divides a few but I quite like it.

Must try the Speick next.

I like Tabac. And Arko.
Tabacco and wee wee. Excellent. Both these products produce a fine dense lather. The tabacs lather can be almost too dry and think so use a tad more water.
In fact tomorrow will be tabac day!!
I bought mine from the site in the channel isles. Prompt service.
It's in my top five soaps. Mac a root still no 1 closely followed by mama bears spellbound woods.
Yes
Slack

If it's the scent you guys are concerned about, Tabac just simply shines during the colder winter months, as well as Autumn and early Spring. I just find it too heavy in the Summer, so I wonder what you'll think when the weather starts to warm up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom