Thank you God bless

1. Boab made it abundantly clear that the content of posts in the BST were being derailed by (a very small number of) sideline snipers. The remedy (since not all can exercise self-control) is that no such posts will be allowed. This is not negotiable at this point in time. It is pointless to keep bringing it up, it will not change for the foreseeable future.

2. Bermuda Triangles - where possible and practicable there should be a reason given for the moderation - but remember we're volunteers here and it's a thankless task to try and explain every action.

3. Gratuitous swearing - I've not seen the original post with the "fucking benders" in - however I can sympathise with any moderator who reached the point where that came out - the constant attempts to bend the rules (or simply ignore them) is incredibly frustrating - especially when it's the same names keep appearing in the moderation list.

So, to recap, you simply cannot let go can you? Which part of raise it with the Administrators are you missing? Carping about it here is not edifying for anyone involved.

How about I throw my toys out of the pram and shut the board down completely? Because right now, I am close to doing just that.
Hunnymonster this is a place i come to relax, and im sure a forum with happy campers is what you want too, i know i do. i dont envy the job the mods do, ive been there on other forums, not something ill ever do again. if these are the cases and there something that has been policed and brought up in a public post then what more can you do than either remove the post, bring it up with the persons involved or just ban the members. i dunno dude,keep ya chin up.

Hiya,

Ok, I get the gist of things now. Sounds like some of the mods have been a bit over enthusiastic in their housekeeping when handling members posts. Erring on the side of least conflict possible and ease of the fix.

Didn't something like this subject just come up recently, with me saying I noticed it somewhat myself? I had no idea of the amount of aggravation being present here over that, having missed a lot of what goes on in various threads I never read.

Mods get no lovely sets of dishes or other gifts for doing their job and of course the members get what they pay for. Wait, is that right? Sounds ok to me. It's not the most rewarding situation to be in sometimes....I get that part. Also. it can't always be an automatic response, which takes less time.

The reason this place has it's character is because of how it's run. Starts with Boab and trickles down to the minions. Takes more work to run this joint.....more time and effort. Much easier to close threads or delete posts or whatever, and usually that's not how it's worked here. Even now, y'all won't find a more open minded shaving forum mentality than TSR. Heh, try getting away with a little crude humor or swearing somewhere else.

I have a feeling it ain't gonna be quite like the Wild West here anymore, but meeting in the middle might just be ok. Is this place bein all gussied up and purtified now? Who knows.

Martin

Oh Nishy,

Please stop screwing around and have yourself an epiphany or something.

Hiya,

Ok, I get the gist of things now. Sounds like some of the mods have been a bit over enthusiastic in their housekeeping when handling members posts. Erring on the side of least conflict possible and ease of the fix.

Didn't something like this subject just come up recently, with me saying I noticed it somewhat myself? I had no idea of the amount of aggravation being present here over that, having missed a lot of what goes on in various threads I never read.

Mods get no lovely sets of dishes or other gifts for doing their job and of course the members get what they pay for. Wait, is that right? Sounds ok to me. It's not the most rewarding situation to be in sometimes....I get that part. Also. it can't always be an automatic response, which takes less time.

The reason this place has it's character is because of how it's run. Starts with Boab and trickles down to the minions. Takes more work to run this joint.....more time and effort. Much easier to close threads or delete posts or whatever, and usually that's not how it's worked here. Even now, y'all won't find a more open minded shaving forum mentality than TSR. Heh, try getting away with a little crude humor or swearing somewhere else.

I have a feeling it ain't gonna be quite like the Wild West here anymore, but meeting in the middle might just be ok. Is this place bein all gussied up and purtified now? Who knows.

Martin

Oh Nishy,

Please stop screwing around and have yourself an epiphany or something.
The Puritans Went to the USA to Purify..Where Did they Come From ?..They Just Created another Putrid Dung Heap Called the " Land of the Free"..:D

Billy

i've had a few posts removed here and there, because i transgressed, it's a bit annoying,when your blood is up, but the rules are rules. This site seems pretty tolerant to me, many of my profiles on B&B ended with me logging on to find i'd been banned for life!!....quite a few of them still mystify me as to why!

i've had a few posts removed here and there, because i transgressed, it's a bit annoying,when your blood is up, but the rules are rules. This site seems pretty tolerant to me, many of my profiles on B&B ended with me logging on to find i'd been banned for life!!....quite a few of them still mystify me as to why!
I Saw Robs Post..He Didn't Say Anything Wrong or Controversial..That's Why He & Our Other Friend has Left ..I Saw the Thread..:D

Billy

Like Thackeray I have had a few posts removed but any irritation I have felt is easily outweighed by the enjoyment I get from this forum.
Immensely sad at you leaving Nishy as you have contributed so much to TSR. With regards to the brush, please keep it. It's yours to enjoy and treasure!

Not been writing so much myself lately...for one reason or another. Despite being a thicko I can generally string a sentence together and say what I mean to say and have (I think - I hope) been polite and reasonably lighthearted but, like I say, for whatever reason, I haven't contributed too much for a while and haven't paid quite as much attention here and didn't see the latest, sad, events until tonight. It is with very much regret I offer my good wishes to a departing Nishy, with whom I have enjoyed much pleasant and helpful discourse both on the forum and via PM. I knew Rob less well but express further regret at his leaving too. Indeed there are some genuinely super gentlemen who I have had the pleasure of encountering and who have shown huge kindness and generosity and warmth ..... both to me and, via that very generosity, to other less well able to attend to their own shaving needs. A genuine and heartfelt thank you to those lovely people..

Don't know what the upshot of this upset will be. I won't add anything further.... and sometimes some things are best left unsaid anyway - but certainly I personally have gained a lot from being here (as well as spending rather a lot of dosh too). I hope it all comes out in the wash. It's an eventful time just about everywhere you look at the moment...but, more to the point, I again reiterate my own thanks to Nishy for the vast amount of time and attention devoted to this place and the people therein and the benefits he has bestowed. Thank you.

(By the way, the brush gifted to Nishy is, of course, Nishy's brush and I would be decidedly sorry to see anything happen to it other than it see service around the said gentleman's chops).

nishy, will be a shame to see you go but best wishes to you and respect for being true to your principles. had some *interesting* discussions with ukrob where we have not seen eye to eye but had to respect the mans work
now, mods....
these guys have a thankless task, they keep the place nice for us and guide with a gentle hand most of the time. they are human beings like the rest of us and have good days,bad days, horrible days, but still mod the board for our benefit.
maybe we should take a step back and just consider that before we get too excited. this is a very good forum and behaviour of members is pretty top notch, without mods it would just be another crappy board full of arguments, profanity and nonsense.
bear this in mind when things don't seem to be running as smoothly as normal or rules seem to be a little more strictly enforced. we need to keep being nice to each other, there are enough arseholes out there in the world =)

take care guys if you must leave but would be nice if you stayed

Think I have just one thing to say and I'll rest.
It understandable that there needs to be the adherence to rules to make an endeavor function smoothly. But there also has to be a technical knowledge base of the subject present for the group to travel towards its stated goal.
If the hemorrhaging of the wisest amount us continued , the knowledge base that has drawn us to travel together towards that end will no longer be there to hold us together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom