Thank you God bless

I'm still just gloating over Big Bro B saying, " squirt out " and working out how many ways I can get away with working it into near the knuckle posts ... just try that in some other major shaving forums and find out what heavy handed moderation can be like. If I remember correctly poor old gentle, inoffensive Fido even managed to get banned from a major American forum, now that's heavy handed.

JohnnyO. o/

Thank you for your kind comments gents.

Firstly I don't make unbroken promises. So sabbatical is worthless without change or an apology. What irks myself is (and I'm not picking on you Carl, I am just using this as an example) on one of my group buys. Second to last I believe you made comment as to the number of US members joining just to get in on the group buy. I made a comment mentioning that they were friends and that I knew them. I didn't, but I don't believe in secluding a group for no apparent reason. Secondly I don't believe a moderator should have such secular views. Again I'm not picking on Carl but with the title of moderator one should act with reasonable manner. I have had lots of help from several mods including Carl so again this isn't a witch hunt. Just a polite remark to state the state of affairs. Teapot calling kettle black.

With regards to the gift brush. I feel very guilty holding this now if it's deemed best it can be including in a pass around or I'll select a random member. I'm not after the world for a penny, I just don't believe in slapping a baby when the milk is spilt. Especially if it's spilt by the parent. A hobby is better enjoyed than suffered.

Jings folks I'm having to bob and weave to avoid the Teddies flying out of the cots! I'm sorry to see Rob and Nishy go, equally I've seen them both get moderated for legitimate reasons in the past and there are better ways of dealing with things than taking your bat very publically home with your lip out. Stirrers of the pot don't help neither.

I hope they reconsider.

But I've yet to see the sort of heavy handed moderation and bullying on this forum that occurs on many others. If you have a problem with the moderation why not apply to help out and put your money where your cakehole is.

Shit we are all old enough to have chin wigs to scrape off perhaps we should act it.

Sorry to see you go Nishy.
May I ask as to which comment I was moderated on in the correct manner?

Consider this my application. You can be damn sure anything I moderate will be extremely worthy and will be accompanied by a PM stating the reason.

Seconded!

However, I will note that just adding moderators on top of current moderators will not solve the current problem.

There needs to be a rotating queue, one steps down, another takes his place after a given time period. This is what happens in civilized places. Dictators for life? Not so much...

Thank you for your kind comments gents.

Firstly I don't make unbroken promises. So sabbatical is worthless without change or an apology. What irks myself is (and I'm not picking on you Carl, I am just using this as an example) on one of my group buys. Second to last I believe you made comment as to the number of US members joining just to get in on the group buy. I made a comment mentioning that they were friends and that I knew them. I didn't, but I don't believe in secluding a group for no apparent reason. Secondly I don't believe a moderator should have such secular views. Again I'm not picking on Carl but with the title of moderator one should act with reasonable manner. I have had lots of help from several mods including Carl so again this isn't a witch hunt. Just a polite remark to state the state of affairs. Teapot calling kettle black.

With regards to the gift brush. I feel very guilty holding this now if it's deemed best it can be including in a pass around or I'll select a random member. I'm not after the world for a penny, I just don't believe in slapping a baby when the milk is spilt. Especially if it's spilt by the parent. A hobby is better enjoyed than suffered.

The place will be poorer for you taking at minimum a sabbatical. Just as it is a lot poorer for loosing @UKRob.

Obviously I can not speak for everyone who contributed but i will be extremely, extremely disappointed if you did not keep hold of your brush. It was a gift, a thanks from us to you for what you have done organising and advising on group buys. Please do not feel guilty for receiving a gift, the fact you might do says a lot about your character. Would be a shame to loose one of the good guys.

When I first took up moderation duties, I used to give reasons for moderating a thread. I was quickly taught that this was a silly move because the moderated member simply used my courtesy as a platform for endless argument. So for the few, everyone got the 'no reason given' treatment. Three, four clicks and the moderation is done and I get on with my life.

The only posts I moderate are the ones requiring it according to your agreement for use of TSR and the guidelines given me by the Owner. I'm sure the same goes for the other Mods.

If you have a problem, please address it to Admin, as hunnymonster has advised.

Here is another thread being de-railed by a few - hunnymonster may shut us down and Nishy does not get a dignified leaving.

With regards to the gift brush. I feel very guilty holding this now if it's deemed best it can be including in a pass around or I'll select a random member

I'm terribly sorry that you have to go but I do understand your reasons. It seems clear as water that Administration don't want to move an inch. Listening and compromising is not always a sign of weakness.

I'm very grateful for all your help Nishy and in my honest opinion you should keep the brush. We were asked to contribute for a gift for Nishy, not for a PIF or a random member.

If members feel so strongly about loosing some valuable members then they should vote with their feet. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks again chaps, I will hopefully come round to answering all the PM's. If I don't please feel free to email me my email address is Avnishsood0 (at) gmail (dot) com.
I'm happy for it to be shown here and I'm also on TSN, hopefully continuing with some group buys. A few guys mentioned they live within a stones throw so would also be happy to meet up.
Look it's not to bash TSR and the more I respond, I fear that I'm just adding fuel to the fire. So just to finish by saying I don't stand for discrimination whether it be in my profession or other and I thrive on seeing it ended.

I hope for the sake of the forum this is ended. Anyhow in a few weeks it will be forgotten. Sometimes you have to take things as JB says with a pinch of salt. Take Antdad's comment (2nd post) on my first ever Shavemac group buy thread. I didn't take it badly but I guarantee that comment would have been removed today. Oh well good luck and shave on.

Forgot to mention those wanting to leave (read a few on my PM) please don't on my accord. Don't jump ship, repair it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom