The Mongoose

jds said:
Jpshaver said:
My invoice for the satin arrived late yesterday. I was pretty late to the party so must well into the list now

Mmmm... no invoice for me as of yet. Sent my requirements in response to the ordering email on 26.10. Have I been missed?
I think they're fulfilling invoices in order of when you originally expressed a wish to be added to 'the list' - although I'd imagine there's a geographical influence too. For what it's worth, I was added in late August and my invoice number is #0136. I wouldn't worry unless you registered interest before September.

Burgundy said:
jds said:
Jpshaver said:
My invoice for the satin arrived late yesterday. I was pretty late to the party so must well into the list now

Mmmm... no invoice for me as of yet. Sent my requirements in response to the ordering email on 26.10. Have I been missed?
I think they're fulfilling invoices in order of when you originally expressed a wish to be added to 'the list' - although I'd imagine there's a geographical influence too. For what it's worth, I was added in late August and my invoice number is #0136. I wouldn't worry unless you registered interest before September.

Not really worry, just impatience. I had hoped to have it for December and I planned to use it for a whole month. Might have to wait until January....

I'm with you on this one Jds, I originally asked to join in mid September and sent my requirements back as soon as I got the email. But I am not expecting to get mine before this Christmas, but you never know. I just check my emails for an invoice and when that arrives I will pay and go back to waiting.

dodgy said:
Hiya,

So can anyone tell me what the shave's supposed to be like?

Is it kinda like a Cobra SE thing with the injector angle or more of a DE feel and technique? I tried looking through a long thread and gave up after a while.
Martin

Ok, after two shaves I can sort of see what the deal is performance wise but still have a ways to go figuring everything out. It's a new to me type head that's not quite like a DE or Cobra type injector. If anything, using it reminds me of the classic 1912 kinda angle feel that so many members enjoy. The head is stuck on a long Weber handle that I like. Yeah, it's a bit strange shaving with it so far and I am thinking it's not easy finding the head's sweet spot for me that's best for cutting smoothly.

I made a point of not reading any reviews to avoid any sorta prejudice. It will be used a few more times and then we will see what's up. My opinion will probably be refined somewhat, but I am thinking 4 times should be enough.

Martin

Invoice (201) received and paid this morning. The waiting was worth it as I got a cheque for £150 from a raffle win which more than covered the purchase. Fingers crossed for a pre-Christmas arrival. Happy Days.

Back
Top Bottom