The new Feather AS-D2 is here

Perished said:
John said:
There's a bit of vintage gillette tech mixed up in there bit pricy, it won't be long before someone buys one and tells all :icon_razz:

True, but how many would come on here after paying £165 and tell us all they'd bought a duffer?
I'd hold off for a very long time.

True very true, some one will eventually give an honest opinion about it, even if It was someone else on a different forum, £165 seems pricey, but I suspect the price will go down eventually.:s

John said:
Perished said:
John said:
There's a bit of vintage gillette tech mixed up in there bit pricy, it won't be long before someone buys one and tells all :icon_razz:

True, but how many would come on here after paying £165 and tell us all they'd bought a duffer?
I'd hold off for a very long time.

True very true, some one will eventually give an honest opinion about it, even if It was someone else on a different forum, £165 seems pricey, but I suspect the price will go down eventually.:s

A Feather SS straight costs less, as does a Cobra. But to each their own. I'll look into it at the end of the year or so, by then the verdict will be out.

Has anyone tried the new version yet.
I almost pulled the plug on the version 1 but was advices to go for the iKon standard head but I wonder if the version 2 is any way better.

Minipeace said:
Has anyone tried the new version yet.
I almost pulled the plug on the version 1 but was advices to go for the iKon standard head but I wonder if the version 2 is any way better.

Keep watching/lurking in other forums some one will get one and tell all.

Thanks.
I was surprised to hear they suffered a slight tolerance issue and that the v2 has improved this.

I tend to think the Japs have manufacturing down to a fine art. I use the Japanese manufactured Silky saws and they as sharp and precise as they come and they seem to be well ahead on metal construction processes.

Usually the japs make fabulous bladed things I use the feather blades most days of the week, I've yet to have a duff one, the trouble with this razor is its high end and its competing with ikon and the likes, if feather haven't given it some aggression then they've wasted there time reworking it.

Have feather woken up and smelt the coffee?

Back
Top Bottom