The Shaving Restraint (TSR) 2023

I have done well so far but on Thursday I finally caved in.

You see the problem is I am a bit of a toddler when it comes to attention spans. Without constant stimulus I wander off and do something else instead. So without buying anything new my joy for traditional shaving waned a little and I got bored with it. Bored enough to grab the cartridge razor every now and then (but not bored enough to use tinned shaving foam). I even dropped down to two shaves a week.

As I say, I caved in and ordered a Leaf Twig razor and normal service has been resumed since it arrived on Friday. What a joyous little thing it is.

I have done well so far but on Thursday I finally caved in.

You see the problem is I am a bit of a toddler when it comes to attention spans. Without constant stimulus I wander off and do something else instead. So without buying anything new my joy for traditional shaving waned a little and I got bored with it. Bored enough to grab the cartridge razor every now and then (but not bored enough to use tinned shaving foam). I even dropped down to two shaves a week.

As I say, I caved in and ordered a Leaf Twig razor and normal service has been resumed since it arrived on Friday. What a joyous little thing it is.
We are only human, well done for lasting so long!

Paul.

Going to be honest, with Barrister and Manns upcoming releases (Presto and Adagio), House of Mammoth and PAA's recent releases are starting to tempt me....

brothers forgive me, for I have sinned...I have given into temptation and fallen from the path of spending celibacy. I ordered samples of the two upcoming Barrister & Mann releases from Maggards.
Ive made it this far so I have shown myself to show some restraint from spending, which will probably influence my shopping in the future.

brothers forgive me, for I have sinned...I have given into temptation and fallen from the path of spending celibacy. I ordered samples of the two upcoming Barrister & Mann releases from Maggards.
Ive made it this far so I have shown myself to show some restraint from spending, which will probably influence my shopping in the future.
images (10).jpeg

For me, a sure-fire antidote to shaving indulgences is to spend the money on other things (discretionary spend or otherwise). I did have a narrow escape the other day, though. I've been weighing up the High Proof razor, and used my Twig and Focus 1/2 DE razors to remind myself of these things. Despite best efforts, I can't seem to obtain consistent or satisfactory results from this type of razor, and, for once, practicality trumps desirability; so No Proof.

Chin up Little Camper, you've accomplished your goal (y) :cool:

Well I came off the forum a month or two ago to tame my addiction but I have lapsed a few times, but with some really nice items.
At least my spend has reduced drastically even though it hasn't stopped.

Pre COVID, I only replaced my shave cream as I was about to run out. I had a backup of Wilkinson Blue bowl, now used, if I couldn't get to the shop in time. Then COVID: I purchased a few extra shave related items, A few razors, soaps and blades. Although I've never been as prolific as @Boycie83 at buying new stuff, this restraint should be a walk in the park for me. I got on to soaps more and my first synth during the first 6 months of COVID. I'm now looking at one shave soap on eBay, where a seller is doing a deal on 4 at a time. This should be easy but, it's not always straight forward.

Back
Top Bottom