The Shaving Restraint (TSR) 2023

You broke a Rex? That must've been one hell of a drop!

If the cartridge is working for you, no need to change.

Needless to say I fell off the wagon later in this thread.

It’s half working, but I’ll return to DE again soon I reckon. Just keep prowling BST for a good medium-aggressive razor

Cartridges are too expensive. Especially whenever I have literally thousands of GSBs

It’s half working, but I’ll return to DE again soon I reckon. Just keep prowling BST for a good medium-aggressive razor

Cartridges are too expensive. Especially whenever I have literally thousands of GSBs
Fancy giving this a try? All it costs to give it a go is special delivery postage to send it on to the next person:

Fancy giving this a try? All it costs to give it a go is special delivery postage to send it on to the next person:

Matt at Rex Supply has kindly offered to repair the razor. So I just gotta make do for a couple of months while it finds its way to him and back over the Atlantic.

I put in for that Rocnel on BST, but was too slow.

I think I’ll just bide my time and keep an eye on BST. If whoever bought the rocnel doesn’t get along with it I’ll probably be all over it.

For now I’ll be mr cheap and just continue to endure cartridge shaving

Matt at Rex Supply has kindly offered to repair the razor. So I just gotta make do for a couple of months while it finds its way to him and back over the Atlantic.

I put in for that Rocnel on BST, but was too slow.

I think I’ll just bide my time and keep an eye on BST. If whoever bought the rocnel doesn’t get along with it I’ll probably be all over it.

For now I’ll be mr cheap and just continue to endure cartridge shaving

Have you thought about a Lord L6? Less than a fiver. The head is like a more efficient DE89 style head. IMO, it's a gem of a razor head that goes under the radar. The handle is a bit too light though, but you can put the head on another handle.

Have you thought about a Lord L6? Less than a fiver. The head is like a more efficient DE89 style head. IMO, it's a gem of a razor head that goes under the radar. The handle is a bit too light though, but you can put the head on another handle.

Thank you for the pointer, I’ll look into this now.

I’m prone to paralysis by analysis, with all the options out there.

The KCG one I got was like shaving with a spoon.

There’s also that razorock game changer currently on BST

Is restraint an absolute or relative term?
Last month I was more restrained than the previous month, which was more restrained than the month prior to that.
Restrain as opposed to refrain?
If so I am getting there slowly
Progressive restraint improvement!

I've been very restrained lately. I haven't bought a tub of soap in two years!
I have enough of it to shave daily for 200 years anyhow
As for blades, I think I have around a thousand GSBs so I don't anticipate buying any of them for quite some time, except when travelling

Progressive restraint improvement!

I've been very restrained lately. I haven't bought a tub of soap in two years!
I have enough of it to shave daily for 200 years anyhow
As for blades, I think I have around a thousand GSBs so I don't anticipate buying any of them for quite some time, except when travelling
Ed, if you are in Belfast and want to borrow a safety razor until you get the Rex back or pick up something else I can lend you a Parker semi slant I just bought.

I work in town so happy if you want to pick it up from me sometime.

Ed, if you are in Belfast and want to borrow a safety razor until you get the Rex back or pick up something else I can lend you a Parker semi slant I just bought.

I work in town so happy if you want to pick it up from me sometime.

That’s very kind of you mate thank you. As luck would have it a nice aggressive Razorock was available on BST during my time of need, so I took the plunge and I’m working with it for now. It’s going well and I’ll probably just have a wee rotation on the go.

Your face looks familiar, I’ve probably seen you about town. I work from home these days but was based from Cromac Square for 12 years.

Back
Top Bottom