Thoughts on Aeropress

Plus one on the Aeropress - got mine last week, but since been away so only managed two brews. I fear the cafetier my be dead.
Also, plus one on the beans. Find a place that roasts regularly and buy enough for a week. Grind when you need it. That will make the biggest positive difference to your coffee experience.
Oh and never drink instant!

Just had one with some Ethiopian beans from York coffee emporium. The espresso type shot tasted a bit strong for me but watered down to make it into an Americans was lush lots of nice flavours. Best coffee I had for a while

Just ordered an aeropress on the basis of this thread! Thanks guys for the dent in my wallet. Also ordered a Hario coffee grinder, some papers and some Cool Brazil Decaf from Brown Bear..... I love coffee, but hate caffeine. Will let you know how I get on....

jeepie said:
Just ordered an aeropress on the basis of this thread! Thanks guys for the dent in my wallet. Also ordered a Hario coffee grinder, some papers and some Cool Brazil Decaf from Brown Bear..... I love coffee, but hate caffeine. Will let you know how I get on....

I'm sure you won't be disappointed Jeepie.
I also have a Aeropress-Hario combo and am very pleased with it.
Just try experiment with different brew recipes / grind settings until you find the coffee hat suits your taste (this may also vary depending on the type of beans you use).
Happy experimentation :)

jeepie said:

Jump right in! Got my Aeropress from Brown Bear and never looked back, enjoy. Would you do a review on the Hario grinder?

Wazzer3 said:
Jump right in! Got my Aeropress from Brown Bear and never looked back, enjoy. Would you do a review on the Hario grinder?

Sure thing. I'm really looking forward to this and will happily shared my thoughts as a beginner grinder. Will let you know when I've given it a few goes. Wish me luck!

Bump!

I received my AeroPress yesterday and I'm already loving it! I'm sure it is going to be my daily use, after dinner and Sunday Best coffee maker.

The first mug was nothing special, I'm obviously on the learning curve but they are getting better and the mug I made to wake myself up this morning was lovely!

I do fear for my other coffee makers though, I have a feeling that the rest of them are going to become cupboard queens..........

Has anyone been travelling with theirs? It's for this reason I'm considering an Aeropress. In the car, camping, fishing, travelling around?
I've enough devices to keep me supplied with fresh coffee at home but I've never been happy with anything designed for "on-the-go". The closest I have come is a stainless steel cafetière but it's not exactly perfect.
I'm not exactly an urbanite so calling in somewhere for a cup of whatever gunk, is out the window. I only drink my own coffee (ok, Costa or Caffe Nero, which I do like if I'm stuck) so I'm kinda desperate and this looks like it fits the bill.

I think it would be ideal for travelling. As long as you have hot water you have the same functionality with it as you do at home.

greyhounddad said:
How you making it Mattlad?
What beans too?

I am making it with Waitrose Italian style coffee beans, finely ground, and using the inverted method. This makes about a third of a mug full which I then top up with hot (not boiling) water Americano style.

Lovely!

Back
Top Bottom