time to start seen all the hype cant resist

thanks NTS ok final question sorry about the machine - gun like question rate! If i'm using the same razor (EJ89) but different blades do i have to alter the angle with which I shave? The reason I ask is because when I used the personnas today i had to alter the razor angle to get the same close shave as i do with an astra SI

Different razors have different optimum angles in terms of what I call the handle-to-face angle (whether the razor handle is closer to parallel with the floor when shaving the cheeks or closer to parallel with the face), but I've never found a need to change the angle with a different blade.

I had what I like to call a 'university shave' a EJ89 with TOBS eton followed by M&S Harvard splash and aftershave. I'm truly impressed with M&S shaving products

Settled on permasharps lovely blade, great sound as it cuts through my stubble with no irritation. Macca root is also superb.

Leslie145 said:
Used Gillette 7 o/cs the last couple of times; very nice (very close to a BBS today too - 1st time for the DE)

Must try this Macca root.

Macca root is brill IMO great cushion, glide, scent and price (£8 for 200g and creightons) I though you managed a BBS with the feathers Leslie?

I like Maca Root too, but I don't think many will agree with you on the scent there! Most people hate it. Me, I think it's a fresh scent, but not exactly Cella is it. Still, an excellent cream.

Another shout for the maca root - gives a great, comfortable shave. with regards to the scent I find you either dislike it or simply don't notice it. Can't see many actually liking it :icon_razz:

For a decent priced tub that's available in most high streets, especially as Body Shop have so many sales on recently, then it's an excellent choice. Just don't be tempted by their shaving brush.

Griffo said:
Another shout for the maca root - gives a great, comfortable shave. with regards to the scent I find you either dislike it or simply don't notice it. Can't see many actually liking it :icon_razz:

For a decent priced tub that's available in most high streets, especially as Body Shop have so many sales on recently, then it's an excellent choice. Just don't be tempted by their shaving brush.

agreed its a marmite moment and I like marmite so maybe a correlation exists??
I looked at the brush then read the forum then laughed at the brush ;)

Nishy said:
Griffo said:

agreed its a marmite moment and I like marmite so maybe a correlation exists??
I looked at the brush then read the forum then laughed at the brush ;)

Yeah but don't shave with Marmite - it's just too gloopy :icon_razz:

I had a Body Shop gift set for Xmas which had the Maca Root tub, face wash, moisturiser and the brush in it. All the consumables a re very good, albeit not as good as the CLinique when it comes to face wash and moisturiser, but they still do a good job.

the brush has a nice handle but it's just useless especially as an Omega can be had for the same/less money.

Nishy said:
I though you managed a BBS with the feathers Leslie?

To be honest, so did I until I tried the 7 o/cs.

Just goes to show how little one knows about the different capabilities of blades when used on different settings on an adjustable - the (what I thought was close to) BBS with the Feathers was with the Feather Popular razor (against which I will not hear a word), but on the Slim, dialled to 3 with the 7o/c - seriously impressed!

Onward & upward, trial & error :s

I bought the Feather Popular last month for a travel razor and I've ended up using it quite a lot over the last month. It can give a decent near BBS shave and it calms down those Feather blades so they feel sharp and smooth. I like the smoothness and comfort of the shave with this razor even if the R41 and Fatips get me a closer shave - it's all about balance.

In fact I've enjoyed the Popular so much I keep looking at the AS-D2, in that respect the Popular is an annoying razor.

Back
Top Bottom