TSR 2015 LE Shavemac 2 band silvertip group buy

Hi stan, long time no speak hope all is well and the nursing home shave program is going well. Finally you know you want a third ;)

Earlier reply didn't appear properly...sorry about that.

Shaving home work continues successfully...in no small measure due to the support received here.

What shavemac would I have though? Wouldn't go bigger than 26mm and no smaller than 23mm. I have a fan and a bulb and don't know what benefit would be gained by a third shavemac. Other than Thater I'd be doubtful about taking a chance on another make (OK...I did have a bit of fun with the New Forest handle/Turners Workshop knot experiment and it gets used as regularly as any other now albeit it sheds one or two hairs now and again). But as you know a bit of arm twisting goes a long way here :)

Last edited:
Hi Stan, still waiting to hear from Bernd, I would look at the best priced option with the balance of performance. IMO I would say that is a 23/46 bulb or 23/44 fan.

Benefits of owning another limited TSR Shavemac 2 band silvertip brush? Easy two answers.

Firstly quality: I would have to say one of the current best brush makers around. Knots exhibit zero scritch or scratch. Zero shedding and loss of shape. Handles are exquisite. But you already knew that.Oh and it is a limited edition TSR none other exists.

Secondly TSR experience: I thoroughly enjoyed the Paladin thread on another forum. Gaining similarities to other members perceptions and opinions all holding the 'same' tool. It created great discussion which helped others gain an understanding of the brush whilst the users enjoy themselves in the process.

As a side note I own two 23/46 knots and the lather flow, quality and face feel are the best I've experienced. My bulb has beautiful gel tips.

I like the point about everyone having the same 'tool', so can understand what people are talking about when discussing it.

I have gravitated to larger brushes so don't have anything as small as 23mm. This is either good as it will give me something new in my arsenal, or bad as clearly I don't like small brushes....... Not sure which yet! :)

If I had to build the perfect brush from Shavemac, it would be
161 handle shape,
Imitation Ivory,
Bulb shape,
Silvertip D01 two band hair,
23mm x 44mm knot (well, maybe 46mm loft).
In short, a brush exactly like the one I won in the Seattle Shavecon raffle yesterday.
IMG_20150919_151716022_zps1lqjxdil.jpg

If I was to get another, I would probably go for a fan shape, or a modified cross between a fan and bulb shape. I understand Bernd does special knot shapes like that.

I like the point about everyone having the same 'tool', so can understand what people are talking about when discussing it.

I have gravitated to larger brushes so don't have anything as small as 23mm. This is either good as it will give me something new in my arsenal, or bad as clearly I don't like small brushes....... Not sure which yet! :)
Totally get this MPH, its difficult to explain but in general, I look for a brush that can hold enough lather for 3 passes from one load. It has to obviously look and feel very good for its given price and then lastly it has to have significant backbone and density to allow for a nice soft plush/gel like face feel. The 23mm does this. The largest I've owned is the 30mm which again was very very nice just way to big for my face and between the two the face feel isn't a huge difference IMO, loading time is obviously reduced with the 30mm.

Ok so gents received a response from Bernd hes happy to do us 30 limited edition brushes, they will be the new 2 bamd silvertip and we do get a discount plus free engraving. So as an example a 23mm any handle amd any colour will be approx £90 or less inc postage (unless outside the EU, in which case we can work something out) will decide on dimensions this evening.

Any other questions please dont hesitate to ask.

Thanks for your patience. I'm in negotiations so may get it cheaper still.

I think the Shavemac experts choice in the silvertip two band with a 24mm knot and a 46mm loft would be a great choice in the fan If the price were right I may join the forum buy. PS why not ask Bern if he could produce 15 bulb and 15 fan you could please everyone no doubt, and having purchase the last three LE ShaveNook brushes I can tell you now that Shavemac brush would be head and shoulders above all those brushes.

Just for clarification, Nishy - I'm guessing you are NOT saying we could have thirty different handle shape and colour combinations BUT that we can have thirty all the same but we can choose the colour and handle shape.

I'm in subject to the choice. £90 is £17 off or nearly 16%.

It's all about members who may fall into the traps you dream of, Tony - of course it is! That is why they may choose to accept guidance from one who has experience of this brush maker. My recommendation would be for a brush that would perform superbly throughout the ages and suit a broad church of tastes - and especially mine.

As long as you can chose the handle and knot, yeah got it...thing is I've seen your brush collection, my monitor still has the burn in.

There were only five new additions last week and I've had to use some soaps at least twice! A few more of each on their way, though. Another Shavemac but with a go-faster inscription is just what is needed! I figure a week's worth at one per day is about right because a fortnight's worth would clearly be silly.

Also, winter is coming and I'm still roofless - and you haven't contributed in a long while, come to think of it! That last £1000 didn't do anything for the roof!

Sorry for the delay gents at work till 6. So im working on a minimum of 15% off the SRP. I am looking at 30 brushes of the same handle, colour and shape simply to standardise the range. Knot shape I would ideally like to be the same so again as to provide a uniform range of TSR limited edition Shavemacs. Although having 15 bulb and 15 fan is a possibility if a deal breaker. I'll be back online at 7 for a chat regarding shapes and colours, for now lets start a list to confirm numbers:

1. Nishy

Back
Top Bottom