UK Shops and Online Vendors

andyjreid said:
Just before I went on holiday I was meeting my brother and his wife off the train at Glasgow Queen St station and I found a turkish barber shop opened on the top part of Queen Street and they are "baw deep" in everything arko.

Didn't have time to pop in and look or anything though.

My local Turkish Continental shop is looking at trying to get in both Arko and Derby creams (anyone tried the Derby shaving creams?), and Bluebird blades. Well, I think they are - last time I was in I got to speak with/to another of their staff who might not be , er ... fluent in English. He nodded at most of what I said and then when I asked him when the next delivery was due in, he just said "OK" and walked off. I don't think I said anything tosend him away.

• ... ah, well...[/list:u]

andyjreid said:
Just before I went on holiday I was meeting my brother and his wife off the train at Glasgow Queen St station and I found a turkish barber shop opened on the top part of Queen Street and they are "baw deep" in everything arko.

Well i wont be able to make it to town untill friday now but will defo go in there as i am liking the arko stick i picked up. Will report back what they got. Might even try them for a shave.

LOL - It'll be like a remake of Trainspotting.... I guess we could call it Tsrainspotting :lol:

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose soap, Choose Arko!

I know it's Embraese, but to people south of Blyth Spirit, it's all "up norf" :roll:

I don't have much cause to venture up there so ta for posting that Andy, by the top part of queen street do you mean the part where it crosses over St Vincent St? You come out of the Queen St Station station facing onto George square and there is no shops I can think of till you get to there.

Will have a look about next time I am in town for a Turkish guy baw deep in Arko although I think I will ask for some from a new box, hate pubes on my soap stick :eek:

Audiolab basically if you come out the side entrance to Queen St station, turn right and walk up the steps and it's about 3rd/4th shop up on your right. The street at the top of there is Bath St.

Thanks Andy, I suspected it was the other direction, it is a continuation of queen street but it is not in line with the rest of it. I had been in George Square a wee while back and crossed over the road just where I was talking about and not noticed any barbers but where you are talking about I do know there is indeed a few shops. I am sure my dad took me to a barbers there years ago, totally forgot about that bit now that I am south west of the city and come in from the opposite end.

Cheers will have a look.

Urban Hermit said:
andyjreid said:

My local Turkish Continental shop is looking at trying to get in both Arko and Derby creams (anyone tried the Derby shaving creams?), and Bluebird blades. Well, I think they are - last time I was in I got to speak with/to another of their staff who might not be , er ... fluent in English. He nodded at most of what I said and then when I asked him when the next delivery was due in, he just said "OK" and walked off. I don't think I said anything tosend him away.

• ... ah, well...[/list:u]

• :mrgreen:

Hi,

I recently found a good barbershop in London that offers wet shaves called Murdock. They also sell a really good shaving cream. Their store is at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.murdocklondon.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.murdocklondon.com</a><!-- w --> if you want to check it out.

craffers said:
Hi,

I recently found a good barbershop in London that offers wet shaves called Murdock. They also sell a really good shaving cream. Their store is at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.murdocklondon.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.murdocklondon.com</a><!-- m --> if you want to check it out.

Bet you did'nt have to look too hard ?

Damian Murphy said:
craffers said:
Hi,

I recently found a good barbershop in London that offers wet shaves called Murdock. They also sell a really good shaving cream. Their store is at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.murdocklondon.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.murdocklondon.com</a><!-- m --> if you want to check it out.

Bet you did'nt have to look too hard ?

Ouch! Razor sharp ;)

I can wholeheartedly recommend a visit to The Gentleman's Shop in Hungerford. Excellent service, and a fascinating place to browse.

I left £100 lighter, but with a smile on my face. I may return for a shave when I'm allowed out again.

Regards

Ian

Dermot O'Logical said:
I can wholeheartedly recommend a visit to The Gentleman's Shop in Hungerford. Excellent service, and a fascinating place to browse.

I left £100 lighter, but with a smile on my face. I may return for a shave when I'm allowed out again.

Regards

Ian

What did you buy a pack of blades? ;)

Back
Top Bottom