Vetiver....Guerlains and/or Encre Noir

Everything received now....Guerlain Vetiver, Aramis Havana from allbeauty, Monotheme Bourbon Vetiver from M&S, Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve from the US (Amazon).

In all seriousness...I will NOT buy any more smellies. Enough is enough. Well, not for a while anyway. An interesting dipping of the toe into the world of fragrance, but you can't try or buy them all so will enjoy them but reign in the inquisitiveness.

The Vetivers do have a family similarity that even I can detect. The Havana bears absolutely no similarity to the original Aramis whatsoever, but, whilst wildly different, is nice and I'll keep it. The Clubman reminds me a tiny bit of the Pash. Certainly not the same but there's something about it..... very powerful and distinctive and quite long lasting.

Thanks for all the advice received.

Nishy said:
So what's your favourite stan?

Of the three Vetivers - Guerlain, then Encre Noire then the M and S Bourbon...but all very enjoyable indeed. Of the other new ones the T. Mugler A*Men was amazingly different, distinctive and excellent but use sparingly and not every day. The Arron Driftwood I really like, am pretty much OK with the Issey Miyake...but boringly, I still have the fondest spots with original Aramis and the trio comprising Aqua de Colonia Concentrada , Lanman and Murray Florida and the original Eau Sauvage (just love the citrus thing there). I wouldn't get another Havana, Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve, nor the Pash or any more of the old time aftershave splashes discussed elsewhere.

Appreciate everyone's input.

AlexNoodles said:
DevonStan said:
In all seriousness...I will NOT buy any more smellies. Enough is enough.
Good luck with that!!!
:icon_razz:

Indeed, mate..... remember me in your prayers.

Forgot to say the best value and one of the nicest (for me) must be the Yardley Citrus and Wood. Not dear but really well worth having ...not as distinctive or powerful and not likely to cause comment one way or the other, but a definite must have and would readily buy again.

Back
Top Bottom