Vetiver....Guerlains and/or Encre Noir

Had the Mugler Cologne arrive this morning, €46 (approx £34) delivered from Debenhams and I was able to use a €5 gift card that I got from them recently as well.

Very nice scent. Fresh, green, vibrant... right up my street.

jb74 said:
Had the Mugler Cologne arrive this morning, €46 (approx £34) delivered from Debenhams and I was able to use a €5 gift card that I got from them recently as well.

Very nice scent. Fresh, green, vibrant... right up my street.

Which Mugler?

It's called Mugler Cologne Kevin.. I can understand the confusion.

Here's the link from the Debenhams.ie website -

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_117270901099_-1

You'll probably find the same on the .co.uk version.

Just a quick heads , Marks & Spencer have 20% all perfumes and Edt, however It's only on until midnight tonight. There is a company called Monotheme which make a mens edt called Vetiver Bourbon, it's very nice and only £14 in sale. Ive brought a couple and there amazing for the price.

DevonStan said:
Right you are, John. Sorted.

Any idea how it might compare with, say, the A*Men?

The only other Mugler scents I have experienced are Pure Malt and Pure Havanne. These scents are much deeper, darker, heavier, richer type scents that you might associated with Autumn/Winter/nighttime.

The Mugler Cologne is Spring/Summer, fresh, light, green scent.. something you might put on after a shower in the morning. Very refreshing.

Tonka Man said:
Just a quick heads , Marks & Spencer have 20% all perfumes and Edt, however It's only on until midnight tonight. There is a company called Monotheme which make a mens edt called Vetiver Bourbon, it's very nice and only £14 in sale. Ive brought a couple and there amazing for the price.

Thanks.. sounds nice. Just got in with two hours to spare. Will collect later this week.

Tonka Man said:

Thanks for the info. I had been looking for Monotheme Vetiver but last time I searched M&S had temporarily stopped stocking it. I have it on order now.

Nishy said:
Hi Stan did you receive the Guerlian ideal in the end? Any good?

Hello Nishy...I saw your mention of Ideal but, for whatever reason, got drawn towards the Guerlain Vetiver and ordered that...... probably just that it seems more widely spoken of than Ideal and I think I got the impression that the Ideal was maybe a tad milder and, ideally, I need a stronger one as most smellies don't last for long on me. It's due anytime now and will report back, although, as you'll have gathered, I don't have the same ability to put the smell into words as others have....there's not much hope for me, I'm afraid :)

DevonStan said:
Nishy said:
Hi Stan did you receive the Guerlian ideal in the end? Any good?

Hello Nishy...I saw your mention of Ideal but, for whatever reason, got drawn towards the Guerlain Vetiver and ordered that...... probably just that it seems more widely spoken of than Ideal and I think I got the impression that the Ideal was maybe a tad milder and, ideally, I need a stronger one as most smellies don't last for long on me. It's due anytime now and will report back, although, as you'll have gathered, I don't have the same ability to put the smell into words as others have....there's not much hope for me, I'm afraid :)
Hi Stan you probably made the right choice, Ideal is definitely a more mellow bouquet.

Back
Top Bottom