Vintage razors newly re plated in Nickel photos

Nickelreplate1_zps93bbf717.jpg

Nickelreplate2_zpsfb21b4f6.jpg

Today I collected 3 razors that I took in to Prestige Electro Plating in Mexborough South Yorkshire. The photos above are the razors today very pleased with the work done. They will plate Nickel or Chrome.
The razors took 1 week to be re plated very quick turnaround.
The lady on the front desk is very friendly and knowledgeable about plating matters.
She said she would be happy to take in work through the post.
I've put the link to their details below, they don't have a website but a phone call to discuss work and a price will be in order. The price was very reasonable.

http://www.yell.com/biz/prestige-electro-plating-mexborough-993510/

RE: Razors Re plated in Nickel

Dare I ask what is reasonable to plate 3 razors please?!

782sirbrian said:
Nickelreplate1_zps93bbf717.jpg

Nickelreplate2_zpsfb21b4f6.jpg

Today I collected 3 razors that I took in to Prestige Electro Plating in Mexborough South Yorkshire. The photos above are the razors today very pleased with the work done. They will plate Nickel or Chrome.
The razors took 1 week to be re plated very quick turnaround.
The lady on the front desk is very friendly and knowledgeable about plating matters.
She said she would be happy to take in work through the post.
I've put the link to their details below, they don't have a website but a phone call to discuss work and a price will be in order. The price was very reasonable.

http://www.yell.com/biz/prestige-electro-plating-mexborough-993510/

Only the cap of the razor was polished by them. The knurling is as good as when I sent them in to be plated. The platers are sensitive to the details of knurling etc and know not to buff the knurling or lettering away.
As for price just lets say you will be very surprised in a good way. They don't normally do much postal work so may not be up with postage costs. I live a short drive away from Mexborough (about 10 miles) so took the razors in person. The lady who answers the phone will discuss the price with you, allowing that the razors good enough to be re plated and not a total write off with any serious damage.

Collected my Redtip superspeed from Prestige this afternoon. Wow what a stunning job they've done better than new.
I'm just painting the red on the knob now as the platers aren't razor restorers, just top class platers. No trouble painting the red in Humbrol 73 paint and finish with Humbrol 35 clear varnish.
I will post a photo when the paint job is done.

zygalski said:
Is that clear matt varnish or gloss?
I should have thought the matt would give a more factory finish?

It's the gloss varnish couldn't find a Humbrol matt when I looked a while ago, should protect the paint anyway until I see some matt.
I may just stick with the matt paint and see how it holds up.

The quality of the Redtip is immaculate, the preparation was sensitively done, not over done buffing, if you know what I mean.
From having this done I would say yes they will be fine with the adjustable, bear in mind you will need to paint the numbers yourself. For what they charge you can't expect it for pocket money costs.

Nice job Brian.

Being a fella that enjoys restoration type shows on the tv, I think I'd enjoy sending off shabby old razors and seeing them come back shiny and new.

Nice job on the paint too, looks great.

Back
Top Bottom