Vintage razors newly re plated in Nickel photos

The cost for plating a razor is no secret. I didn't publish the price I pay as I take the razors in personally.
If you send a razor in it may be a little more bearing in mind Prestige have to re pack the razor and send someone out to the Post Office to send it back. I wouldn't want to be blamed for misleading anyone on prices.
The best way would be to have a chat to the friendly lady at Prestige and ask.
Turnaround is quick, been within a week recently from dropping off to picking up.
Remember my note in an earlier post about their up coming holiday shut down.
Prestige will be shut for holidays 25th July to 11th August.

Nickelplatedpocketset_zps7acd2aa1.jpg

Collected today an Old Type pocket set. I'm relining the case as the velvet was worn out. Dropped off the work Tuesday morning and the friendly lady at Prestige rang to say it was done ready for collection today Friday :icon_razz:

I've just spoken to the lady at Prestige, and will be sending two razors off to them next week. She's very friendly and helpful, and mentioned that they're getting a few razors sent their way at the moment!

I'm just waiting for my 7 O'clock New to arrive and it can go along with my Tuckaway. :)

782sirbrian said:
Collected today an Old Type pocket set. I'm relining the case as the velvet was worn out. Dropped off the work Tuesday morning and the friendly lady at Prestige rang to say it was done ready for collection today Friday :icon_razz:

Looks very nice quality. Is this the same process they use on cutlery - EPNS?

UKRob said:
782sirbrian said:

Looks very nice quality. Is this the same process they use on cutlery - EPNS?

It's described as Nickel Rob as much as I know. The EPNS is Nickel Silver so a different product I think.
Prestige also plates Chrome. Their main business is Vintage and Classic car and motorbike parts. Bumpers for old Jags, headlights for Rolls Royces that type of thing.

I've had my two razors back from Prestige and am delighted with the results. I'll try to get a couple of photos up over the weekend, but the plating is fantastic, none of the detail has been lost and the polished finish is gorgeous. Next time I need a razor plated I'll be sending it to them.

Both of these razors were looking past their best with a fair amount of plate loss. This is he result after Prestige worked their magic.

(click to embiggen)

Both have a mirror finish, the marks on the Tuckaway cap are fingerprints that I didn't notice until after I'd taken the photo.

Back
Top Bottom