Vulfix 404 - Grosvenor

Thinking about picking one of these up, a boar / badger mix. I currently have a couple of pure badger brushes but I want to try a brush with a bit more backbone. Does anyone have any experience with this bush? I tend to face lather so I was wondering if it holds enough lather for 3 passes?

Norky said:
Thinking about picking one of these up, a boar / badger mix. I currently have a couple of pure badger brushes but I want to try a brush with a bit more backbone. Does anyone have any experience with this bush? I tend to face lather so I was wondering if it holds enough lather for 3 passes?

I have one, in fact it was my first brush a year ago. Still in regular rotation. I tend to bowl lather, so can't comment on the three passes thing. It is certainly a cracking brush and one I would heartily recommend.

Now £10.20 here - and a 10% discount for TSR members:

http://diamondedgeltd.com/acatalog/Progress_Vulfix___Mason_Pearson_shaving_brushes_and_accessories.html

Gone up since I wrote this, but still good value:

http://fidosshavingbrushblog.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/vulfix-404-grosvenor-badgerboar-mix.html

I like it so much that I bought another one, and now have two in rotation with a couple of boar brushes.

They did not take long to break in, and are wonderful lather makers. Superb value in my humble opinion!

There are many users of this brush on the forum.
Its a classic style and it represents great value for money.
Welcome to TSR by the way.
regards, beejay

The 404 is a very classic and nice starter brush, but in my opinion the knot is way too weak in density (i.e. its density is below what I would expect or need - but perhaps this is just me). Nevertheless it is a unique brush.

The 10% Diamond Edge discount is for Simpsons brushes only.

My personal choice is the 1305. It has a better knot. The handle on the 404 is much better though. My 404 now has a TGN 22mm fan that Beejay fitted. Now it's a brilliant brush!

I second that. The handle is very good. First thing I thought about this brush after the second shave was "...this will be the first brush I'll send to Bill for a change of knot..."

Back
Top Bottom