Vulfix 404 - Grosvenor

Norfolkdick said:
Al H said:
like a tech, palmolive stick and some astra green blades this is a very decent staple of anyones arsenal

Greetings

Well said sir! A shaving set up fit for a King and at a negligible cost. I would personally replace the tech with a ten quid SE razor but none the less your set up would shave anyone, anywhere on the planet to perfection and if the tech was too mild for you it would take you twenty seconds to make a shim!

Regards
Dick.
i agree dick, its ok having starter kit threads for beginners etc

but there items that ever how experienced you are AND you do use a rotation then these are great additions

you could probably add a bottle of boots freshwood, an alum block to that list too

Yes, freshwood is certainly good enough (balm, especially) for those who aren't willing to pay premium for pampering. Love the scent.

Greetings

This thread was all about the Vulfix 404 Mixed but it seems to have drifted off the original theme.

So in keeping with 'drifting off', I would like to say that I find it strange and a trifle disturbing that so many of my brothers are into BDSM and I have to say that the application of strong alcohol to ones face following a shave is to my way of thinking nothing less then this unusual and interesting fetishism.

Ok, What do you get out of it, other than pain? What does it do for you or your face that a gentle balm would not do?

I like the smell of some of these aftershaves but it does seem to me that you need to be a lover of pain (or Payne, Cynthia) to appreciate the allure, am I right?

Best Regards
Normal Dick

I wouldny say i like the pain.
It acts as a toner and closes the pores of the skin and cleanses the area, bearing in mind you have just taken the top layer of skin off. Anticeptic type thing. I use the lack of pain to tell me how well i have shaved.

mrlimbo said:
Does the Vulfix 404 - Grosvenor take some breaking in ? as ive had mine about a month using every other shave , and still not really that impressed !

Greetings

That should be well and truly broken by now. I would say if you don't like it now then you never will.

I feel a bit guilty about singing it's praises so loudly but I genuinely love it!

Regards
Dick.

Here's mine after I moded it.

[attachment=7273]

Just waiting for another one to mod with a bulb knot

Attachments

• post bloom boger.jpg
    post bloom boger.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 70
This is the third brush I have owned, and its even the most expensive. Although it is another cheapo for me, this brush definatly punches above its weight. I'm very happy with it, as it seems to work very well with my TOBS.

The Golden Nib 22mm Finest badger Extra Hair.
I was spoilt. my first brush was one of fidos first, the 2201.
After using a good quality badger brush you start to see and feel the difference.

After starting this post over a year ago I did buy a 404, I was really happy with it but always felt the knot was not dense enough. I ended up getting a New Forest badger brush from Fido and although it cost more it was totally worth it and I would implore other to do the same. I now use the 404 as my travel brush which continues to make me realise how much better the New Forest brush is when I come back to it.

I don't wan to ambush the thread but...... Anyone not liking their Bodger, or has one spare I have a wee advert/offer in the BST.......

I am looking for a Vulfix 404 Grosvenor Mixed Badger/Boar.
Could anyone recommend a shop in the UK that ships to the European Union countries please? Thank you for any help

Back
Top Bottom