Weber DLC first impression!

OMG its Awesome!
Yep that is my first impression! from the minute I opened the box and felt the weight and feel of the razor I was totally impressed.
The black DLC head won't be to everyones taste I can appreciate that but I think it looks good. The Bulldog handle is so chunky and weighty with deep knurling and feels just right in the hand.
Overall finish of the razor was excellent and the packaging although simple was very good and included a pack of green Astra and a small note.

Had to give it a maiden voyage tonight, so took a shower and lathered up with La Toja stick popped in a Gillette black(Indian) and took it for a spin.
Firstly the weight feels very nice and stops you adding extra pressure, the head glides smoothly and if it wasn't for the great audible feedback you would be doubting whether the razor was removing whiskers.
The shave was incredibly smooth and irritation free, I did have a tiny weeper which I opened yesterday but we all know how sharp the Gillette blacks are and I still felt incredibly confident that it would not bite.
3 Pass shave and I have had the closest shave yet! the only other razor I would say I have used that comes close is the 37c but that one I handle with a bit more caution.
The Weber feels like a Merkur 34c on steroids and I feel this may put an end to my RAD for vintage razors (apart from the New's obviously!!) Even considering selling my adjustables and TTO's to purchase the ARC version (well maybe 1 or 2 of them).
Just thought I would pass on my first impressions...

Sounds fantastic! Very glad to hear how well everyone is getting on with it - I think it will have to go on my wish list (need to convince my better half of the necessity though)

Glad to hear that the new Weber head works so well!

I spanish friend bought recently the handle and I could take a look: for me it is very well balanced and confortable to hold, but I didn't like much matte finish. I would prefer a more chrome-like finish and a better worked flute like Bull Mastiff razors. But it's only my opinion, hehe

Cheers!

Bechet45 said:
So can I remove the outside locks from my bathroom door now, Nick?

Fantastic, innit?

You are safe for now mate but depends how long it takes for me to get the AS-D1 bug!
Got to be honest with myself and have come to the realisation that apart from perhaps the New's I don't think there is a vintage out there that shaves as well as the weber or 37c.

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Bechet45 said:
So can I remove the outside locks from my bathroom door now, Nick?

Fantastic, innit?

You are safe for now mate but depends how long it takes for me to get the AS-D1 bug!
Got to be honest with myself and have come to the realisation that apart from perhaps the New's I don't think there is a vintage out there that shaves as well as the weber or 37c.

If you get the As-D1 bug, please talk to me. A close offer to what I paid (£147.50 - that put you off?) might tempt me if I haven't got it susssed by then.

After I used the Pils and Weber in rapid successsion, I thought of selling the rest of my collection, so recently acquired. But variety is the spice of life and I'm keeping them all! This morning I used a frankenrazor - a fancy Parker handle with an EJ head, not long since my favourite, now considered very mediocre but a lovely change of pace.

Anyway, was stainless steel even available back in the days of manufacture of vintage razors. They didn't stand a chance even had they been competing!

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
OMG its Awesome!
).
Just thought I would pass on my first impressions...

Good deal Nick,

Nice when a blind buy turns out this well. Congrats on the new addition to your shaving arsenal.

Martin

Oh.....thank you so much for feeding my damn Weber monkey such a large meal. Sheeeesh.

Good deal Nick,

Nice when a blind buy turns out this well. Congrats on the new addition to your shaving arsenal.

Martin

Oh.....thank you so much for feeding my damn Weber monkey such a large meal. Sheeeesh
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have our fair share of great artisan brush and soap makers, only fair you should have a fantastic razor maker on your side of the pond.
You should really get one Martin you won't regret it!

lindyhop66 said:
Yes, Martin, go for the Weber. SpeedyBabylon5, I knew you'd like the Weber, as much as I do. I think it's my best shaving buy, ever.

Sheeeeeesh,

Ok, I have an idea that you may go for. How about you loan me yours whenever you feel like you can part with it for 10 days or so. In return, I can send out a cheeky monkey from my arsenal for you to sample. I may have a few things to catch your interest with. Figured since you're just down the road from me I'd at least ask.

Heh, no problem at all if you'd rather skip it, and certainly no hurry if you agree to the loan thing. Truthfully, I kinda hate to buy a razor blind. Yeah, not all razors fit me the same as most other people, (and I am a picky bastard). Sheeesh, it's the not knowing that bugs me.

Martin

dodgy said:
Sheeeeeesh,

Ok, I have an idea that you may go for. How about you loan me yours whenever you feel like you can part with it for 10 days or so. In return, I can send out a cheeky monkey from my arsenal for you to sample. I may have a few things to catch your interest with. Figured since you're just down the road from me I'd at least ask.

Heh, no problem at all if you'd rather skip it, and certainly no hurry if you agree to the loan thing. Truthfully, I kinda hate to buy a razor blind. Yeah, not all razors fit me the same as most other people, (and I am a picky bastard). Sheeesh, it's the not knowing that bugs me.

Martin

So, it's not the money then? That's my biggest bug, otherwise I could buy all the razor I need... erhh, want :D

Tall_Paul said:
I think this might be part of this months shaving squandering, erm I mean investment dear!

What's goin on monkey man,

As you know, I wouldn't normally suggest you making any purchases. Heh, that should set the tone nicely.

As I was saying, I always recommend you not buying stuff because I'm constantly trying to save you money. Yeah, that's the ticket (said in my best Jon Lovitz voice). In this unusual situation though, I'd say buy the Weber.

I'm firmly convinced this razor will actually MAKE you some money. Yep, you'll turn a nice profit once this thing's in your hands. Sounds good eh?

When you shave with the Weber, all your other razors will become obsolete and no longer needed or desired in the rotation. You can sell those clunky old Aristos to start with.....nice quick cash.

There you go buddy. You don't have to justify a thing. Oh, to be on the safe side, you should definitely buy a back up Weber. Prices are only gonna go up in the future for those things.

Dodgy

Back
Top Bottom