Weber DLC first impression!

Tall_Paul said:
It was down first thing today, but it's up now. Order shortly being placed (shut up, damn simian yammering).

Ah a new silver back whispering in your ear now Paul.

Mine arrived today and no customs or PO charge (yeah) ordered week last Wednesday, so 12 days all told.

Will be given it's first outing in the morning.

Jamies said:
Tall_Paul said:
It was down first thing today, but it's up now. Order shortly being placed (shut up, damn simian yammering).

Mine arrived today and no customs or PO charge (yeah) ordered week last Wednesday, so 12 days all told.

You are going to love it! you will wonder why you ever need another razor lol.
Try a nice sharp blade, the Weber tames them like no other.

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Jamies said:
Tall_Paul said:

You are going to love it! you will wonder why you ever need another razor lol.
Try a nice sharp blade, the Weber tames them like no other.

Jeez Louise,

We got Jamie, Paul, and Nick ganging up on the enabling front. Man, you guys make it tough on us non Weber users. Heh, I like seeing that kinda attitude in a member.....probably why I get along so well with Mikey.

If I wasn't still so enamored with my current set up......well, who knows what'll happen down the road.

Thank you all for your 'helpful' posts,

Dodgy

You should see the feeding frenzy in the USA for the new Tradere SS razor at $155 USD. Sold out in 2 hours at Bullgoose.net and westcoastshaving.com Thursday. Second batch came on Monday and sold out again in 2 hours. I wrote the razor company owner and got put on a list to get it directly from him next week.

Like the Weber, this is made in the USA. This one out of Reno, Nevada.

Gave mine a go this morning.
Prep was Shower, Valobra and a fresh Perma Sharp. Nice smooth easy shave that was very mild, almost too mild (reminded me of a 38-45 Tech) but with extra heft.

Should prove to be a good everyday razor, I think I need to try it with sharper less mild blades though, Maybe Gillette black's, Feather's or Swedes.

I won't be using vintage Wilkie's in it or I'll be in front of the sink all day.

Jamies said:
Gave mine a go this morning.
Prep was Shower, Valobra and a fresh Perma Sharp. Nice smooth easy shave that was very mild, almost too mild (reminded me of a 38-45 Tech) but with extra heft.

Should prove to be a good everyday razor, I think I need to try it with sharper less mild blades though, Maybe Gillette black's, Feather's or Swedes.

I won't be using vintage Wilkie's in it or I'll be in front of the sink all day.

So far I have found that Gillette blacks, Super thins, gillette greens and Supermax super Platinum and Rapira are excellent in the Weber. Personna red are a touch to mild. Sharper the better.

Back
Top Bottom