Weber DLC first impression!

GOLDCREST said:
Very tempted to pull the trigger...But have talked myself into waiting for the ARC ,which I prefer the look of over the black head of the DLC...the black looks a bit too industrial for my liking.

Yeah, go for it. Satin finish of the ARC is amazing.

GOLDCREST said:
the black looks a bit too industrial for my liking.

See, now for me I have quite a few metal razors (nickel, chrome etc) so the black was nice and distinctive. It also has the side benefit of showing very obviously when a blade is loaded, so when my wife tidies the windowsill, she can see at a glance if she is likely to slice her fingers!

I'm guessing if you are using black carbon blades that might not be the case though... ;)

fatboyslimfast said:
GOLDCREST said:
the black looks a bit too industrial for my liking.

See, now for me I have quite a few metal razors (nickel, chrome etc) so the black was nice and distinctive. It also has the side benefit of showing very obviously when a blade is loaded, so when my wife tidies the windowsill, she can see at a glance if she is likely to slice her fingers!

I'm guessing if you are using black carbon blades that might not be the case though... ;)
That is a good point,being able to see the blade, though I remove my blade after each shave anyway....
Another thought I had, was I wondered just how durable the black coating was, and if it would start to show wear on the high points...wear there, would be far more noticeable on the black finish than on the silver one...
Dither, Dither...do we go for a black one that is currently in stock, or wait a week or two for a silver one?

The Geordie Shaver said:
I swore blind I was not going to buy another razor , I did quite well , I lasted about a week , Ive just pulled the trigger on a Weber DLC a couple of minutes ago........our lass is going to go apes**t

Derrick

You must have got the last one Derrick...they're now out of stock...Phew..Temptation removed.........For now.:angel:

You've saved me having to explain why I needed YET ANOTHER razor..

Its here!
Weber11Jun12-6.jpg

My Weber DLC turned up this morning; it was ordered and apparently dispatched on 31st May, so pretty fast delivery. No extra duty or custom charges, so that's good too.

Tried it out with some Mr Taylors Shaving Cream (£4.99 courtesy of T K Max) and a Gillette Yellow. The weight of the razor in combination with a sharp blade makes it effortless. Lovely shave, smooth, nice audio feedback, my usual "difficult" area above top lip seemed very happy, altogether a very nice shave for a first go. My previous favourite had been a DE89, this has definitely hit the top of my list.

Eric

ericd1949 said:
My Weber DLC turned up this morning; it was ordered and apparently dispatched on 31st May, so pretty fast delivery. No extra duty or custom charges, so that's good too.

Tried it out with some Mr Taylors Shaving Cream (£4.99 courtesy of T K Max) and a Gillette Yellow. The weight of the razor in combination with a sharp blade makes it effortless. Lovely shave, smooth, nice audio feedback, my usual "difficult" area above top lip seemed very happy, altogether a very nice shave for a first go. My previous favourite had been a DE89, this has definitely hit the top of my list.

Eric

So jealous! Mine got customs charges (which I dont mind) its the handling fee for royal mail I mind!

It's interesting to me that the overwhelming number of comments on this razor has been so positive. Even more interesting when you compare this to the Muhle 41 when it came out!

Back
Top Bottom