Weber DLC first impression!

Well I can't wait to give it a whirl as an when it turns up! I've only just got my slant an now this will be my fourth razor.... I new I would want more than one but when does it stop!

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
The only razor I would consider in the future is a Weber Arc to go with my DLC. I have even lost my lust for the Feather!

It is good, and it is smooth, but only as long as you're daily shaving. Nothing can beat the slant when it comes to 3+ day stubble, that's something to be considering too - at least for some :icon_razz:

Wish I could order a slant in stainless from someone..

Helveticum said:
SpeedyBabylon5 said:
The only razor I would consider in the future is a Weber Arc to go with my DLC. I have even lost my lust for the Feather!

It is good, and it is smooth, but only as long as you're daily shaving. Nothing can beat the slant when it comes to 3+ day stubble, that's something to be considering too - at least for some :icon_razz:

Wish I could order a slant in stainless from someone..

Went back to the 37c after 3 weeks with the Weber for Saturdays shave and to be honest it wasn't as good a shave as I was used to from the DLC! Sort of missed the weight of the Weber.

I have a clix 500, which after looking at Weber's sight decided it was same head. I tried the Clix and found new razor for go to spot! I think Ill get a Weber!

Oscar, you told me about the Clix and now I have an ebay bid for that one. The Clix I saw looked like a Gillette Tech head, but it was a military version.

I can't say enough good stuff about the Weber. SpeedyBabylon5, I contacted the Weber owner a few weeks ago and he said he'd have more ARC's in, in June or July. I think he is sticking with the short bulldog handle that you already have with the DLC. LeisureGuy wants him to have both the long handle and the bulldog and the DLC and ARC and sell them as a "brace of razors". I agree.

[attachment=4925] The angle on the 500
Pictures of the military and the 500.
[attachment=4926] the angle on the military.
The 500 head is made of brass, the military was bakelite and steel.

Attachments

• L1000255.JPG
    L1000255.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 19
  • L1000275.JPG
    L1000275.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 33
  • L1000273.JPG
    L1000273.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 36
Well, my Weber DLC arrived yesterday, and seemed to have dived under the customs radar which was nice. It was dispatched on the 15th May, so took a little while to get to me here in Blighty.

So, what were my first impressions?

I had about a day and a half's growth, which is always about the best length for me to get a good shave. I loaded up the Weber with a SuperMax Blue Diamond - a blade that initially I though was "ok" but recently have grown to rather like it's smoothness in various razors (SS Red, 37c and now the Weber).

I face-lathered myself with the Palmolive stick and my New Forest badger (another b-day pressie from the missus!), and set about mowing down the stubble. I got a lot of audible feedback from the blade as it cut through, and a 3-pass (which is normal for me) gave a perfect BBS with no irritation, nicks or weepers. It did like a loose lather, or at least one with a high water content. Too stiff a lather and it got a little sticky, although that could be the combination of the very hard water here and the palmolive, and something I experience with a lot of razors, not just the Weber.

I would probably go as far as to say one of the best shaves I've had.

I also love the weight and the grip of the bulldog handle - it's very secure and the weight balances the DLC head beautifully.

So, to all that are considering the Weber - here's another satisfied customer doing the enabling thing!

Very tempted to pull the trigger...But have talked myself into waiting for the ARC ,which I prefer the look of over the black head of the DLC...the black looks a bit too industrial for my liking.

Back
Top Bottom