Well you can tell it snowed here today...

The Co-op looks like a Soviet shop in the bread department - there simply was not an item of a doughy persuasion to be had... and it wasn't much better over at the milk fridge... a single solitary half litre of organic skimmed left all alone on the shelf (of an 8ft/2.5m wide full height fridge that's usually stowed off with milk).

Luckily I was in there for beer :lol:

LOL :lol:

You wouldnt think that 30 years ago we had REALLY bad winters would you - and the country kept on running. I remember going to school in my short trousers sometime about "74 and the snow being up to my knackers. Still went to school, and the teachers all made it in too. Now anything more than a light dusting and the country grinds to a halt.

Mind you I have just ordered some M&S tyres for the car.

Father Ted said:
You wouldnt think that 30 years ago we had REALLY bad winters would you - and the country kept on running. I remember going to school in my short trousers sometime about "74 and the snow being up to my knackers. Still went to school, and the teachers all made it in too. Now anything more than a light dusting and the country grinds to a halt.

I wonder if part of the reason (the other part being that we've all gone soft) is kids all used to walk to school back when we were young (in my case late seventies/early eighties) and I expect many adults walked to work too. These days children are driven, even if it's just down the road, and grown-ups live further away from their jobs than they used to. Oh, and in the case of schools shutting, isn't it often because head-teachers are worried about their pupils slipping on some ice and suing them, or have I accidentally glanced at a Daily Mail recently? :?

By the way, it snowed here too. Not for long. Just in time to coincide with me picking the young 'piglet kitten' :? up from school (walking!) and soon after mucking the hens out. I got a bit chilly! :D

As a consequence of a few frosts and just a sprinkling of snow (plus the forecasts) Jones has had customers in for batteries and M&S tyres (most common sizes in stock - no need to order).

I order my tyres off the interweb, then take them (and the car) down the little Indian motorfactors (who has almost every spare part known to man and beast) where they fit them for £2 a corner whilst you stand in side and marvel at old Harry Moss car accessories from the 1980's and Fist air freshners.

Yes, it´s nice to see you guys´re having an amatuer hour here :evil:. I showeled snow for half an hour this morning and it was the third time in two days (this morning being the easiest and shortest showeling) :cry:

Mikael said:
Yes, it´s nice to see you guys´re having an amatuer hour here :evil:. I showeled snow for half an hour this morning and it was the third time in two days (this morning being the easiest and shortest showeling) :cry:

Funny - I talked to a colleague in Stockholm and at the time I had twice as much snow as she did. My snow thrower worked well though :ugeek: (as did hers... hers is called Lars and drives a Volvo :lol: )

hunnymonster said:
The Co-op looks like a Soviet shop in the bread department - there simply was not an item of a doughy persuasion to be had... and it wasn't much better over at the milk fridge... a single solitary half litre of organic skimmed left all alone on the shelf (of an 8ft/2.5m wide full height fridge that's usually stowed off with milk).

Luckily I was in there for beer :lol:

You need a couple of tubs of Marvel milk HM... ;) .

Wait till the snaa gets to the Sarf; the media will be full of it, travel chaos et cetera.

It must be cold up here I actually saw a Newcastle supporter with a T shirt on last night.

hunnymonster said:
Mikael said:

Funny - I talked to a colleague in Stockholm and at the time I had twice as much snow as she did. My snow thrower worked well though :ugeek: (as did hers... hers is called Lars and drives a Volvo :lol: )

Does she live in the city? I sold our snothrower two years ago and last year we had the worst winter in many, many years :cry: I drive a SAAB.

It snows in the New Forest sometimes:

snow.jpg

Back
Top Bottom