Well you can tell it snowed here today...

The snow is pretty bad here today. I didn't realise how much till I went out in it however I hate all the scare mongering causing the panic buying mentioned by HM.

I'll be going to my work tomorrow just as usual, despite the weather and if public transport fails, it fails.

I, myself, take the weather just as it comes and try to continue as normal.

Even though I am a bit younger than some of you guys here, during my schooling in the 80's and 90's I can only ever remember not having school twice. First time, we were in till about 2 and the school decided to let everyone home early, the other time, the schools boiler packed in, health and safety dictating that we were to have another day off.

Nowadays it seems to be, as stated earlier, that the slightest flutter of snow causes widespread panic and for everything to go on shutdown.

Gets me how a bit of snow and people drive like complete prats,stuck on m62 this morning for 2 hrs then bugger me shut again this afternoon so another 2 hr detour..Rant over :x

We have about 12 inches of the stuff now and it is still snowing!

Went up to the shop today to buy some milk, but they did not have any (or bread), but luckily the Robert Wiseman lorry had pulled up with a delivery. I then picked up one of the 4 pint bottles (there are 5 of us in my house) and whilst I was waiting in the queue I noticed the woman in front had 3 of the four pint bottles which seemed rather over the top! Or maybe she really did like her milk?

missingskin said:
No snow, no frost..........but on the plus side I have made a nice big pot of chicken stew just in case......... :hungrig :hungrig

Talking of chicken, I'm a bit worried about my little cluckers. They must be chilly out there in the garden. Tempted to bring them in but fear they'd make too much mess. It was bad enough when Mrs PC dropped a bowl of chilli earlier and it seemed to actually explode. There was chilli over the floor, cupboard doors, windows and even the ceiling!?! :shock:

dsc0617600x399.jpg

Chickens will be okay, mix their feed with hot water to warm them up a bit.

Use tarpaulin or old carpet over the coup, maybe a little extra hay for bedding.

You're nuts bringing them indoors, shit everywhere and a health hazard.

antdad said:
You're nuts bringing them indoors, shit everywhere and a health hazard.

OK that wasn't really a serious suggestion. :D I've grown quite fond of them over the last few months. I just down want any to cark it. I'm sure they'll be fine. I've put some blankets over the coop and am giving them extra feed. I'll make sure they get extra straw tomorrow. The pic was just a bit of fun - thought I'd give my boy a surprise!

I've grown quite fond of them over the last few months. I just down want any to cark it. I'm sure they'll be fine. I've put some blankets over the coop and am giving them extra feed. Mmmm extra feed means bigger chickens = more stew......... :hungrig :hungrig

missingskin said:
I've grown quite fond of them over the last few months. I just down want any to cark it. I'm sure they'll be fine. I've put some blankets over the coop and am giving them extra feed. Mmmm extra feed means bigger chickens = more stew......... :hungrig :hungrig

OK this does sound tempting at half seven in the morning as I trudge up the freezing garden to let them out for the day. Then again their eggs are very tasty! :hungrig

Pig Cat said:
missingskin said:

OK this does sound tempting at half seven in the morning as I trudge up the freezing garden to let them out for the day. Then again their eggs are very tasty! :hungrig

Ok you got me there you can only stew them once and the eggs I get from the farm when I go home to see the family taste much better than supermarket ones I get in London...........

Well the snow has reached East London.................am off out to get supplies in case I get snowed in .............. :lol: :lol: ..............oh bugger I am working in Canterbury tomorrow, better put the spade back in the car......... :shock: :shock:

missingskin said:
Well the snow has reached East London.................am off out to get supplies in case I get snowed in .............. :lol: :lol: ..............oh bugger I am working in Canterbury tomorrow, better put the spade back in the car......... :shock: :shock:

I feel your pain, currently wondering how the hell I am going to get from south east london to gatwick in time for a 10:45 flight to dublin. :? I see a 5 am start in my immediate future.

Back
Top Bottom