Well you can tell it snowed here today...

ebilpirate said:
missingskin said:
Well the snow has reached East London.................am off out to get supplies in case I get snowed in .............. :lol: :lol: ..............oh bugger I am working in Canterbury tomorrow, better put the spade back in the car......... :shock: :shock:

I feel your pain, currently wondering how the hell I am going to get from south east london to gatwick in time for a 10:45 flight to dublin. :? I see a 5 am start in my immediate future.

This follow up post is brought to you from a closed gatwick airport. :(

slash said:
Boss rang me this morning to tell me have the day off.. :D Currently 3 feet deep now here and still snowing...

My Boss rang me to tell me it was far to dangerous to drive today................didn't seem so bad as I drove past his place on the way to Canterbury this morning. Never mind we have a meeting tomorrow, I have a strange feeling he may some stick........... :shock: :p :p . He did seem a bit surprised when I told him where I was at 8.30 this morning......... :lol: :lol: .
Mind you we are due more snow tonight and then -4C so I had better get the de-icer out..............again........ :roll: :roll:

My car hasn't moved since Friday, it is RWD and light at the back with wide tyres. When I woke up Sat and we had a good 10cm of snow I thought no chance I am going anywhere and it has sat there since. Although having said that even the small FWD Corsas and the big delivery trucks have had issues getting in and out the street; I have been on the sick so no worries about getting to work.

Now a few days later the main roads are very good but it is getting to them that is the problem, they just don't bother with any road not on a bus route.

Audiolab said:
My car hasn't moved since Friday, it is RWD and light at the back with wide tyres. When I woke up Sat and we had a good 10cm of snow I thought no chance I am going anywhere and it has sat there since. Although having said that even the small FWD Corsas and the big delivery trucks have had issues getting in and out the street; I have been on the sick so no worries about getting to work.

Now a few days later the main roads are very good but it is getting to them that is the problem, they just don't bother with any road not on a bus route.

audiolab the main roads are terrible all the ones I went down this morning were reduced to one lane including motorways because of all the lying snow :shock:

Success!

Not only did the snowplough pass by (leaving the customary 3 inches of shite in the road) but I managed to nobble him and ask if he was proud of leaving the road worse than when he arrived.

He clearly wasn't because he went back and did it again, properly. I can see tarmac! Still no grit on it but tarmac is visible.

After the fun getting up our hill tonight, it's walkingtons tomorrow I think. Unless the boss decides to give us the day off, which would mean that hell has frozen over, too. Like last time the van drivers have been busy purloining rolls of lead and other ballast to give them a bit of grip.

Back
Top Bottom