What are you drinking tonight.

... a fine tipple, with or without the booze. Get well soon!

Thanks Paul. Like you I love a bit of the ginger beer, the fierier the better!

This is the best one I've found to date. Leaves nice heat at the back of the throat!

main-ginger-beer-h.png

Nice little snifter of Carlos 1, a lovely Jerez XO Brandy I fell in love with over 20 years ago. Subtle vanilla note underlining it. Thanks to youngest daughter for remembering and getting me a bottle for Chrimbo:p

3ad9d771303e9b7bf5b8d215a78afd07.jpg
Bottle of Ruby Rooster.

This weekend I've been on Wintercamp, with my Scouts to Gilwell. Gilwell being the Scouting HQ. Loads of activities for the young people. Bit of a trip at over five hours each way but well worth it. Only downside the mud !

My decamp routine it a shower and shave, followed by a beer. The beer sits in the fridge ready for my return.

Bloody lovely !

Still haven't broken "Dry January" yet. It has at least got me started back on the smoothies. Currently glugging: whole beetroot, stick of celery, curly kale, fennel, root ginger, apple, orange, frozen banana, frozen berries (bought cheap when marked-down!), carrot, couple of frozen brussels sprouts, rolled oats, mixed seeds, scoop of chocolate protein powder, ice and cold water blitzed in a liquidizer for ~30 seconds. Somewhat surprisingly, it tastes damn good.

Mums birthday so she has come over for dinner. I've a belly full of roast leg of lamb. Lamb being my favourite, I must admit though I have pigged out though. Washed down with a Christmas ale, 50p ( yes 50p ). Very nice too. Raspberry roulade next then it's a G & T .

Back
Top Bottom